Had double jaw, face sags, what do yall recommend?

sodapops

Mar 17, 2019

This was a post I had made on realself a couple of months ago. My face has deswelled just a bit more, but the problems are still there. If anyone wants to read my thread about my surgery, here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ead-if-looking-to-get-this-procedure.1031397/

What would you all recommend? Should I get a sliding genioplasty to bring my chin forward and a face lift? Maybe cheek implants. I just dislike my face so much, and its hard to see what my options do as I feel surgeons only want to sell short but immediate things like thread lifts or fillers. Please help me, I'm so sad about how I look and I want to do whatever I can to fix it.

I think only FL would help in this situation. Threadlifts don't last long. For your chin maybe try augmenting with a filler first to see if it balances out your profile and if you like it you could get a small implant instead of sliding genio which is more invasive and could potentially worsen your results cause the jawline would also be readjusted.
IMO the only part out of balance is your philtrum; it is too long. Did you get a paranasal implant? I had paranasal implants and my philtrum looked like yours and I also had problems smiling.

I think only FL would help in this situation. Threadlifts don't last long. For your chin maybe try augmenting with a filler first to see if it balances out your profile and if you like it you could get a small implant instead of sliding genio which is more invasive and could potentially worsen your results cause the jawline would also be readjusted.
IMO the only part out of balance is your philtrum; it is too long. Did you get a paranasal implant? I had paranasal implants and my philtrum looked like yours and I also had problems smiling.
No paranasal implant. I agree, it's very long. I'm looking into getting a liplift, that's guaranteed. Dr Mascaro in FL has some pretty good results. I'm going to also see about a SMAS facelift, which he seems open towards with younger people as opposed to some surgeons. I may also get a small implant for just a bit of horizontal difference, but I think it is a good idea to at least try it first with filler, same for cheeks maybe. Just wary of fillers due to some people complaining about it stretching the skin out over time or migrating.

how much? i do not have a very long jaw, but my jaw is off-center so it affects my bite and gives me some pain. if it's not super drastic it will still causes sagging? T.T oml
If you don’t have too much bone cut off from your jaws then it won’t be a lot of sag because the more bone dr cuts off from your jaws the the skin and tissues lose its support and then people need a face tightening procedure, like me because I had bone shave twice it is sagging but not very bad, but not great either

No paranasal implant. I agree, it's very long. I'm looking into getting a liplift, that's guaranteed. Dr Mascaro in FL has some pretty good results. I'm going to also see about a SMAS facelift, which he seems open towards with younger people as opposed to some surgeons. I may also get a small implant for just a bit of horizontal difference, but I think it is a good idea to at least try it first with filler, same for cheeks maybe. Just wary of fillers due to some people complaining about it stretching the skin out over time or migrating.
You could use fat grafting for both your chin and cheeks instead of the normal fillers. I find the results more natural and also long lasting.

Reactions: sodapops
how much? i do not have a very long jaw, but my jaw is off-center so it affects my bite and gives me some pain. if it's not super drastic it will still causes sagging? T.T oml
There's nothing wrong with wanting change, and there's nothing wrong with potential sagging, as long as you're planning on it. Before you go and get surgery to fix one thing, have enough money and research for doctors on the offchance you need FL for sagging. Otherwise, you'll be blindsided by the results, so just plan accordingly.

You could use fat grafting for both your chin and cheeks instead of the normal fillers. I find the results more natural and also long lasting.
Yeah, I think cheek fat injections would be best. However, I've read that getting injections into the chin, fat or filler, doesn't last long unfortunately due to all the movement that goes on there with talking/eating/etc. I'm going to go see some different doctors and see what their opinions are. So far the ones I've spoken with have only recommended implants or buccal fat removal :no:

From my experience, Fat dissolve injection or botox won’t help at all.(Never recommend you and my case, its wasting both your time and money)
For my case, facelift and chin lipo(little bit) helps a lot!

Yeah, I think cheek fat injections would be best. However, I've read that getting injections into the chin, fat or filler, doesn't last long unfortunately due to all the movement that goes on there with talking/eating/etc. I'm going to go see some different doctors and see what their opinions are. So far the ones I've spoken with have only recommended implants or buccal fat removal :no:
Yup. Don't do buccal fat removal, it will make the sagging worse. You can use the fillers first to see how you will look like with permanent implants before spending $$ on expensive custom implants and not liking the end result. For the chin you only need a small amount of the filler so you don't have to worry about migration. Personally I would prefer fat graft to the cheeks even if I have to top up regularly coz cheek implants look odd IRL.

Reactions: MissOrange

This was a post I had made on realself a couple of months ago. My face has deswelled just a bit more, but the problems are still there. If anyone wants to read my thread about my surgery, here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ead-if-looking-to-get-this-procedure.1031397/

What would you all recommend? Should I get a sliding genioplasty to bring my chin forward and a face lift? Maybe cheek implants. I just dislike my face so much, and its hard to see what my options do as I feel surgeons only want to sell short but immediate things like thread lifts or fillers. Please help me, I'm so sad about how I look and I want to do whatever I can to fix it.

hey dear, look into Dr Kao in santa monica, he does a ponytail lift with minimal scarring

checkout these two younger women he did

the second one in particular might be especially relevant for you\

Reactions: Mazikeen
hey dear, look into Dr Kao in santa monica, he does a ponytail lift with minimal scarring

checkout these two younger women he did

the second one in particular might be especially relevant for you\

His results are amazing but his prices:no: - $30,000-40,000 for a temporary fix. His ponytail lift is actually an endoscopic facelift and since no excess skin is removed the results will fade after sometime and the skin will sag again. Smas lift will only set you back $15-25,000 and the results are semi-permanent while the endoscopic lift result lasts about 5-10 yrs depending on the area so imo that is price tag is hefty.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissOrange