Had a couple of realisations today.

Jun 5, 2007
1: I absolutely adore my patent Chloe Elvire that i got in the NAP Jan sale. It is a totaly gorgeous bag that is so much better in the flesh than in pics. I have to admit that i wasn't completly enamoured with her when i first got her, but as she was such a bargain i felt i had nothing to lose. I use her 95% of the time when i go out, and i've had more complements on her than any of my other bags. And i feel i have a pretty good collection of bags. One of my friends who isn't into designer bags at all, when i first got her she pointed at her and said "new designer bag then" and that was it. She said to me the other day that She actully quite likes her now, she said that when she first saw the bag she thought it looked quite cheap :wtf: but when you touch the bag you can feel the quality of the leather and how soft it is :yes: I also get complements from strangers, which is nice.
I also think she looks very stylish, she adds that little extra pazazz to my everyday outfits. Makes me feel special.
I also love how low maintenence she is, i can take her out in the rain and not have to worry as she doesn't mark at all. I just love her, when i'm not out with her she sits on the floor in my lounge so i can keep looking at her :girlsigh:

2: I have 2 Chloe bags in total, so not a great many, but i do believe that i use my Chloe bags the most, followed by my Mulberry Anthony. The other Chloe bag i have is the Paddington clutch bag, which is perfect for nights out, again very low maintenence. And always looks stunning.

Just wanted to share my joy :flowers:

I think it is wonderful that you have come to appreciate the Elvire as your favorite! Lots of Chloe bags look strange at first when you see a picture of them but trying them on is another story. I love the quirkiness that sets you apart too! Glad you are happy!

Ditto ^
Like you, recently I got a GREAT deal on a chocolate patent Audra (the one with the turquoise green zipper), a deal too good to pass by ($523), so I thought I'd go for it, and if I didn't like it either return it, sell it, give it to my daughter, etc., but here's the strangest thing --I thought it was one of the 'least attractive' Chloes when it first appeared on the scene- and now I absolutely love this bag. Not only is it so user friendly--lighterweight, open pockets front and pack, can be carried by hand or on the shoulder --but other than my whiskey dome paddy, this bag gets TONS AND TONS of compliments--the most of all my Chloes. I carried her to the hair salon on Sat., and all the gals wanted to take it away, so littleblackbag, go figure.
I think the Chloe patent bags just get better and better with use. I realized after carrying this bag so much not to prejudge before I give it a whirl.:yes:

Isns't that crazy? I never would have suspected the Audra to be so popular either? Although the unusualness of it always did appeal. Wish I coul find one for that price!!!

Isns't that crazy? I never would have suspected the Audra to be so popular either? Although the unusualness of it always did appeal. Wish I coul find one for that price!!!

As you say, I think it's just got that 'edge' of uniqueness that makes it so appealing. The bright zipper, etc. I found mine at a Saks Off 5th, and they were having an additional 20% off.

Yep the more unusual bags are often the best. And i love that you don't see everyone else with the same bag. Glad you found a bargain that you love too llson. And thanks for your sweet comment Div, i do like to be a little bit different.