HAC or Birkin

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Diana's foto illustrates my opinion about the HAC looking more formal/elegant whereas the birkin is more tote(ish)/casual..

I have the Fuchsia HAC but in 28cm

2. BIrkin!!

3. Does anyone know what the next size up from a 32 Hac is Thanks

4. The next size up for a HAC is a 36 cm. Of all the HAC sizes, i like the 28 cm best, followed by 32 cm. As for the larger size HACs (36 cm and 40 cm) I prefer the 35cm birkin to them as they become too "tall" and too "deep".

5. Tammy for your petite frame I would only take the Birikin in 30cm.

6. Thank you Archangel:heart: I have been meaning to ask that question for a long time. I have only seen 28 and size 32 I would love to see a 36:love:

7. I personally like Birkin much more over HAC (it's just personaly preference...). I bought a HAC 32cm and returned it the next day. Some reason, it feels much deeper than Birkin. I thought I would not be able to find anything inside of HAC. I just did not click with HAC. I've never regretted returning HAC...

8. Thanks archangel! Thanks Baggaholic! Thanks everyone!

A coworker, who is 5"7, says she would prefer the HAC. I think really does boil down to height.

9. I feel the same way too ... I like the 28cm and 32cm because of the proportions. My SA very nicely commented that a 32cm HAC is a square 'birkin' whereas a 30cm birkin is rectangular. She only likes these 2 sizes of the HACs.

10. definitely go for a birkin!!

11. Tammy

I would suggest that you ask them to show you a birkin. If they tell you that they do not have any in stock, ask them to show you the Haut a Corroirres (spelling?) said in full ....as they won't know what a "HAC" is. They will not necessarily offer to show you the Haut even if they don't have the birkin. I recall in one of the hermes store I was browsing in. A lady asked for a birkin and the SA said they did not have any. Another lady asked for the HAC and they brought out a lovely black box 28 cm HAC. The first lady asked the SA why he did not show her the HAC and his response (in a rather haughty manner) was "madame, you did not ask for Haut, you ask for a birkin"...

12. TammyD, wish you could have come earlier where we can meet and visit the hermes store every single day. I pick the birkin over the HAC, just my opinion. I was at the hermes store two days ago. An arab lady in full black face veil was shown a orange croc birkin 30 w/GH, it was totally stunning. Did she purchase? Yes, of course. What amaze me is she had her black gloves on, i think to cover her hands so that it'll not shown to men. when i think of the birkin, the birkin handles will be protected and maintained for a long time from sweaty palms. :rolleyes: i'm going back to indonesia, eid' al-adha is coming soon. Happy eid al-adha to all the muslim ladies here, pinkish love, wafaya, sarah cantikk and the rest.:heart: