HAC continues to confuse me

gazoo

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
It looks more like a Birkin to me (except for the yummy HAC plates). Either way, it is so unique that I would keep it. Maybe it was a super VIP special order? I was told Janet Jackson recently ordered a Birkin with longer shoulder straps and they did it, so maybe it was specifically designed like this? It's really beautiful!

Encore Hermes

·...¸><((((º>·´¯`·.
O.G.
Aug 6, 2007
As far as your decision to keep, my 50cm Birkin with toile lining weighs 5-6lbs I just carried it packed to 16lbs total inc. bag weight(with a heavy laptop) and I felt I was at my limit(to shlep through 2 airports), and the bags limit. traveling domestic first class my carry on limit was 25lbs but stowing it in the bin uptop was interesting because I had to squish it in. I almost bought a HAC and wondered how a 'structured' bag would fit uptop. :shrugs: I like the looks of your bag. It looks like a custom hybred?

jaegerhomme

Sep 5, 2006
The handles look very similar. I think you would rather have the thicker and shorter handles associated on a regular travel HAC. I feel the same way too. The client might have special order it the way it is. If this really bothers you, I would return it. One thing about slimmer handles is they feel softer and more flexible.

lecolquitt

Hermes please!
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
Thanks everyone I have did some deep soul searching for lack of better words and I do love the bag I will just have to take whatever weird criticizism I get for having such an odd piece. Thanks again ladies and gents and now I just have motivation for traditional pieces