H Website Change for Scarves

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
The silk section has changed and not in a good way unless there is more changes in the making. It is akin to going into the supermarket or any store for that matter and everything is in a different place. There is a saying that seems so fit: if it "ain't" broken, don't fix it. I liked being able to go to size and then seeing what other cws are available in the pattern that spoke to me rather than trying to wade through all the scarves. What a time waster, imho.

The silk section has changed and not in a good way unless there is more changes in the making. It is akin to going into the supermarket or any store for that matter and everything is in a different place. There is a saying that seems so fit: if it "ain't" broken, don't fix it. I liked being able to go to size and then seeing what other cws are available in the pattern that spoke to me rather than trying to wade through all the scarves. What a time waster, imho.

You can still do it the old way from the menu on the top left. I actually love the new "maison" design and experience :smile:

You can still do it the old way from the menu on the top left. I actually love the new "maison" design and experience :smile:

Really, it was early a.m and I was huh, I can't do this. How did I miss it the menu at the left -- not enough coffee yet perhaps or just older eyeballs?!! (Thanks for pointer!)

Though as I mentioned if it is in concert with the old way of finding something, then I am fine with whatever they do.

Still miss the old story book of each scarf and I'm sure if I dwelled on H, there are a lot of things I miss from the past, like being able to see a Kelly on the shelf once in a blue moon is just one, not to mention more barenia purses.

Really, it was early a.m and I was huh, I can't do this. How did I miss it the menu at the left -- not enough coffee yet perhaps or just older eyeballs?!! (Thanks for pointer!)

Though as I mentioned if it is in concert with the old way of finding something, then I am fine with whatever they do.

Still miss the old story book of each scarf and I'm sure if I dwelled on H, there are a lot of things I miss from the past, like being able to see a Kelly on the shelf once in a blue moon is just one, not to mention more barenia purses.
At least on some of the 70s (like the awesome Minuit au Faubourg) the stories are back!

It's so weird! The knots for some scarves aren't even the right ones. They are just video clips of a random scarf in the same format. A lot more work needs to be done!

Hermes, please bring back the old, simple, easy to use interface! I just want to shop for a scarf, not take the morning to play a game. It feels chaotic to me. I particularly hate the trend of content continuing to load, as one scrolls down. If this interface is here to stay, hopefully usability improvements are pending…

I don't mind that they put all the scarf out so you can click by design instead of color. Just forget the stupid animation and having to enter another site. It takes time to load and frankly not adding to my shopping experience.

Hermes, please bring back the old, simple, easy to use interface! I just want to shop for a scarf, not take the morning to play a game. It feels chaotic to me. I particularly hate the trend of content continuing to load, as one scrolls down. If this interface is here to stay, hopefully usability improvements are pending…
I agree. It seems like they no longer have a lot of their inventory showing. As in, when I do a search via theme, and choose animal, all that comes up is 3 cws of the Collier du chien scarf or shawl. What on earth? or when I chose "material type" and picked cashmere and silk, to try to get the 140 cashmere silk gms, the selections are really limited, unless they really have all of a sudden sold all the marwaris and zebra pegases and some other shawls they had yesterday. This thing is really annoying.

Thumbs down on the new design - too complicated and time consuming.
My DBF will never spend the time browsing through this to find something,
so I've probably received my last scarf from him.

I use web shopping for efficiency, I'm not interested in animation and cuteness.

Thumbs down on the new design - too complicated and time consuming.
My DBF will never spend the time browsing through this to find something,
so I've probably received my last scarf from him.

I use web shopping for efficiency, I'm not interested in animation and cuteness.
I think the new site is going to save me money as well. It's too hard to shop in.