H Website Change for Scarves

^
This!

Plus I am sorry that they have removed the reference numbers and cw codes. These were very handy for searching the site as well as when calling H directly. :tdown:

This info is buried in the "services" section at the bottom of the page. Look for the question mark graphic where it says "Have a question about this item" and you'll find the ref no and code. So inefficient and annoying. I hope this is temporary. I saw on the finds page that Canada has free shipping on silks - was this info sent via email or is it on the website? Does this apply to the US site? If so, I missed the memo!

This info is buried in the "services" section at the bottom of the page. Look for the question mark graphic where it says "Have a question about this item" and you'll find the ref no and code. So inefficient and annoying. I hope this is temporary. I saw on the finds page that Canada has free shipping on silks - was this info sent via email or is it on the website? Does this apply to the US site? If so, I missed the memo!

Thanks for the insight .... and I agree to the ineffciency.

The CDN H.com site shows a banner announcing free shipping on all silk orders from today until October 31. That's one way to get us to use the new site!

Oh, I was on the Canada site using my mobile and didn't see any banner or notice. Not surprising, though. I find that a lot of categories/links are missing when I use my iPhone. (Probably best because my Amex gets a workout when I'm on my iPad!) I am shocked that they managed to get this Maison de Carres super-busy site to show up properly on my phone!

Can anyone see the scarves tied? Is my phone just buggy or is this feature missing/waiting to be added? When I click on the "photos" link all I see is the flat display of the scarf.

It's nice for browsing, but if you're looking for something specific, you're in trouble ;)
I can't even put anything in the cart: it shows a 2nd design, with a third name. I wouldn't risk placing an order ;)

Not very reassuring! I'm a 'form follows function' kind of person. I appreciate beautiful aesthetics, and Hermes' charm and whimsy, but ideally the site should first function well, and if possible in an intuitive way, before it's embellished.

I had a shock when I opened my computer today and refreshed the page I have left open for a day (I'm waiting to hear back from my SA to decide if I should purchase online, or if she can find this item for me). The page refreshed and my item was gone! It was a bit glitchy trying to find the right color again and to get the image to stick. Then the option to buy was gone. Then it was back. :roflmfao: Then the description of material was gone. Now it is back.

I like what FabFashion said in the .com thread. She mentioned that we can no longer see the specific scarves tied. I loved that feature! It helped me to decide what to buy. I hope they bring it back.

It's very pretty and very un-intuitive, plus it loads oddly. However if the animation is working well across everyone's mobile device I want to know what this is built in :P Time to delve into the code :amuse:

I don't want H to lose the sense of whimsy but I kind of liked it separated from ecommerce.

So . . . Am I the only one LOVING the new site? I think it's fun. I find it clear . . . :flowers:

Nope! I think it's going to be great! I just did a little wandering around, and while they certainly have more than a few glitches to fix, the pics are a lot clearer, and it was great to see the entirety of what's available say, in the 90 cm format, without having to go back to each color to check it out. As was mentioned earlier, there's a thingy on the left allowing you to do specific searches....

My limited experience was a little bit like rifling thru the silk drawers, it's all there.....

My SM tells me there will be a lot more content available so I suspect there's more to come. And yes, it's not usually a good idea to roll out a new web site without getting it right the first time, but this is H we're talking about, is anyone surprised? :P