H Wallet Comparison? Azap Mini vs. Silk'in Compact

Thank you! And I'm with you - coins in wallets have always grossed me out! I rarely use cash so it's not a huge issue for me, but when I do get change, I stick it in my pocket and then once back at my car, drop em in a little jar I have in there for parking meters.

Why do you carry guitar picks? My husband is very picky (har har) about his picks, he'd never put one in his wallet. Do you use picks for something other than playing?

Do you think receipts would fit in the zipped container?

My 16 year old son plays guitar. He brings it to his voice lessons and seems to always have a performance coming up (just performed as an opening act two weeks ago, has another 10/26, charity event in November). For most songs he prefers finger picking. I love watching him finger pick, lI can’t figure out how he’s producing all those notes, but invariably he’ll suddenly need a pick and it’s easier having one handy. His electric guitar has a pick mount but his 6 and 12 string acoustics don’t. He’s particular about the pick, too.

Small receipts will fit into the zipper. I keep store cards that are a bit softer than a cc in the zipper, too.

I love the silk inside and it is really sturdy. No signs of wear after repeated use and it even fits my iphone 7 plus.

I think OP is looking at the compact versions?

yes, OP is looking at compact, but the phone will fit into most of the full size wallets. I’ve gotten iPhone 7 or 8 into Kelly, Constance and Bearn wallets, it will fit into the Azap or large Silk’In.

Good evening everyone,
As a quite new person on the Forum, yet a regular at Hermes , I would like to know Your opinions about a wallet for men.
The good choice aside a classic model such as Copernic or Citizen Twill, is an AZAP Compact.The size is more comfortable to carry in a Pocket if the bag is missing. It is a smaller size than the classic AZAP . But if not, do you think the Classic AZAP, longer version,
would be OK for guys or it's more for Ladies .
Thank you in advance for your opinions.
Peter

@Notorious Pink @dymphna You were right, I knew it when I saw it - I bought a preloved one yesterday and can't wait to see it! It's Craie with Modernisme Tropical print interior (https://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/products/hr-q0904-06-hermes-compact-craie-epsom-silkin-wallet) Doesn't look like it's in great condition but we'll see when it arrives. Anyone know if you can clean the fabric around the zipper? Also can it be sent to H for "spa" if the blemishes on the leather are bad? If so, what aprox cost would I be looking at (and would it be really awkward to go into the store and say you bought a preloved piece)?

Reactions: Notorious Pink
The fabric around the zip can be cleaned, but for sure to be done correctly , Don't do it yourself at home, go to Hermes store and ask the price they would ask as well as for the reparation of leather if necessary. normally it is a cost , but it's Worth.

@Notorious Pink @dymphna You were right, I knew it when I saw it - I bought a preloved one yesterday and can't wait to see it! It's Craie with Modernisme Tropical print interior (https://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/products/hr-q0904-06-hermes-compact-craie-epsom-silkin-wallet) Doesn't look like it's in great condition but we'll see when it arrives. Anyone know if you can clean the fabric around the zipper? Also can it be sent to H for "spa" if the blemishes on the leather are bad? If so, what aprox cost would I be looking at (and would it be really awkward to go into the store and say you bought a preloved piece)?

Congrats on your purchase—it looks lovely! I don’t yet have experience with H spa services, so I can’t answer that question. Enjoy your new acquisition!

Reactions: peonies13