H Store Opening Party!

GenieBottle26

"Odi et Amo"
Sep 18, 2011
So I've been invited to attend my local H's grand store opening party. The party takes place on the evening before the actual store opening the next day. So, my question is, what in the world do I wear?!? I was thinking a simple form fitting black cocktail dress which hugs to past my knees with a colorful CDC, simple jewelry & heels & carry my K wallet as a clutch. I don't want to be TOO decked out in H but don't want to not wear enough kwim? If anyone has suggestions PLEASE help!! Thanks a million my dears!!

What do they typically do at a party like this? Drinking, chatting and what else? Will there be any exclusive items or additional stock of popular items for purchase? I'm curious. Never been invited before.

So I've been invited to attend my local H's grand store opening party. The party takes place on the evening before the actual store opening the next day. So, my question is, what in the world do I wear?!? I was thinking a simple form fitting black cocktail dress which hugs to past my knees with a colorful CDC, simple jewelry & heels & carry my K wallet as a clutch. I don't want to be TOO decked out in H but don't want to not wear enough kwim? If anyone has suggestions PLEASE help!! Thanks a million my dears!!

how exciting!! congrats geniebottle!

what is your personal style? i would suggest going with something you would be comfortable in. the outfit you described sounds perfect to me, a K wallet or other H clutch will be perfect.

I have never been to one but what you described sounds absolutely perfect.

What do they typically do at a party like this? Drinking, chatting and what else? Will there be any exclusive items or additional stock of popular items for purchase? I'm curious. Never been invited before.

I'm not exactly sure! This will be my first H store opening party. My SA is being pretty secretive but INSISTS that I must come. She did say that there would be "gifts" involved & special items available.

how exciting!! congrats geniebottle!

what is your personal style? i would suggest going with something you would be comfortable in. the outfit you described sounds perfect to me, a K wallet or other H clutch will be perfect.

TY! I think ur right! I definitely want to be comfortable & not too fussy. I'm wondering if I should add a maxi twilly.....unsure of how I would incorporate this with my cocktail attire but I LOVE color!

ITA

or any other classic combinations

your favorite one piece, with summer sandals and an h clutch

please do tell what opening parties are like

and have a blast!

When u mentioned "one piece" I immediately thought of a 1 piece bathing suit! Lol! I will def let u know about how the party is! It's not for 3 weeks....planning ahead ;)

I'm not exactly sure! This will be my first H store opening party. My SA is being pretty secretive but INSISTS that I must come. She did say that there would be "gifts" involved & special items available.

Ooooh, your SA is right - if one ever gets invited to an H party, one must absolutely go. They do a wonderful job and you will have a great time! When a new store opens, there is often a special scarf released for the occasion - are you a scarfie? Would be fun to hear more about that if you are!! I went to a lovely H party here and we were given a lovely gift as we left.

Your outfit sounds fine to me - you don't want to look like an H Christmas tree, but definitely do have some touches of H. And being comfortable is a great idea. Expect to eat some lovely things - they always use a fabulous caterer!!