"H it Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this!

attachment.php

I, too, am very excited about this thread. But for a different reason. I have difficulty paring down my look. In my belief, if less is more them more is fabulous.

Since "meeting" MaiTai on tpf I admire her understated elegance. She is never over done or over accessorized, yet she commands attention. All of us are drawn to her and her look. She has many of the same H items as the rest of us yet we look to her for guidance. It is because she has mastered her look and is comfortable in her own skin. We all sense her confidence. Perhaps as she guides us, instead of attempting to be her and look like her, we can find our own style that enables us to exude the confidence she does. I am looking forward to the journey.

I, too, am very excited about this thread. But for a different reason. I have difficulty paring down my look. In my belief, if less is more them more is fabulous.

Since "meeting" MaiTai on tpf I admire her understated elegance. She is never over done or over accessorized, yet she commands attention. All of us are drawn to her and her look. She has many of the same H items as the rest of us yet we look to her for guidance. It is because she has mastered her look and is comfortable in her own skin. We all sense her confidence. Perhaps as she guides us, instead of attempting to be her and look like her, we can find our own style that enables us to exude the confidence she does. I am looking forward to the journey.

Very well said, Luxury. And, you've certainly captured her essence - confident and at ease with herself and her impeccable style, and as you say - comfortable in her own skin. Perhaps, that is the best "accessory" of all!

I'm looking forward to the journey too.

Cheers to you, MaiTai! And a big thank you to for your generous time and inspiration.:heart:

In total agreement, what I like about H accessories is that they set me apart from others. H bags are very under the radar where I am (LV and Coach reigns supreme) and therefore no one (except a great tpf buddy of mine) I see has the same accessories that I do. They serve as great conversation starters and enables me to have my own sense of style.

Right now I am trying to collect different "color" suites. I have "completed" red, orange, and now, brown. My latest acqisitions have been a Chocolate Kelly Dog bracelet and an Ebene/Prune Belt (an amazing find!) to wear with my horn pieces. My next hunt is for a Black Ano cuff to complete my "black" suite. After black I am going to concentrate on getting my "silver" look together and the centerpiece will be the Farandole necklace.

Here's a pic of the Brown accessories which can be interchangeable with my orange set and probably the red as well. I prefer to start with a plain pallete (usually jeans and a solid top) and add from there.

You always look terrific, riley, and wear your accessories so well. Are you sure you're not related to MaiTai?

And because of you and MaiTai, I felt compelled to call H. and put the horn Lena necklace on hold. I just got off the phone, and it's your fault.

Will look forward to seeing your collection as it continues to grow.

Gracemot, love your humor.

Great color combinations rileygirl :tup: I love the orange, very cute with jeans. I bet it would look stunning with a simple beige dress as well...especially with your gorgeous sandals :love: oh it's such fun to play.

LuxuryinWichita, I am so touched by your gracious words, thank you. You are so right, there are so many different styles and ways to go. The key to confidence is to find what works best for oneself, regardless of trends.

lilyhermes, we will be Lena twins, how wonderful :smooch: the perfect accessory to replace scarves in hot summer days and of course lovely at any other time of the year too :smile:

leap of faith, make or break..that would have been a good thread title too, lol!

I know what you mean about how H accessories can totally change an outfit, which is why they are so addictive. I know I only have the one H horn pendant right now but when I wear it I know it looks good and really adds pazazz to what I'm wearing. One of my best friends who doesn't know Hermes from Hermits saw me wearing a brown plain sweater dress with black skinny jeans and I had my pendant on and she immediately said "wow, you look great very glam", then she pointed at my pendant and said "Ooo I love this". And it was definitely the pendant that "glammed" up the outfit, as soon I put it on with what I was wearing it made a fairly plain outfit look totally fab. Not quite MaiTai fab, but as my friend hasn't seen MaiTai................

Also the scarves. Love them, they too are like little slices of heaven weather it be a 90cm or a Pochette. Put one on and feel like a princess.

I think thats some of the magic of Hermes. You start off admiring and lusting after bags but once you delve into accessories the bug bites big time. I've never wanted so many things from one design house before. Once I got my Chanel bag a couple of years ago that was it I was done with them (although I wouldn't say no to some shoes!!!) but Hermes the more I get the more I want. I swear they must put something into the fabrics and leather that keeps you addicted!!!!

Not sure if I've got the true gist of this thread but thats how I feel about the accessories. Good idea MaiTai, I look forward to seeing how everyone else H's IT UP....

Great thread Mai Tai!

I am travelling a great deal for business and try and keep my suitcase to a carry on so have learned the power of accessories to transform a look all together and take me into evening as necessary.

I have often said in my 20's i discovered the power of a great shoe and handbag, in my 30s the power of a well cut suit and now in my 40's I am finally getting the hang of colour and accessories ... clearly I am a slow learner - can't wait to see what my 50's will bring. :smile:;)

Looking forward to being inspired by everyone's great ideas!

Rileygirl - I LOVE your description of suite colors......do you plan each suite with similar hardware color or not? I don't know whether to start out with ghw or phw.....

LuxuryInWitchita - you put that beautifully........ My mom always used to wear the Grand Apparat......but Mai Tai (and everyone else), has shown me younger and fresher ways to wear the scarves. This journey all started with a bag search and now I'm obsessed with silk, horn and everything else!!!

littleblackbag, I don't know what happened, but my reply to you has disappeared. The essence is, that I agree with you a 100% and you've said it so well. You are right, even one piece does the trick. I remember when wearing my first silk, a Twilly, I felt like fairy dust has been sprinkled on me..it's magic!

Rileygirl - I LOVE your description of suite colors......do you plan each suite with similar hardware color or not? I don't know whether to start out with ghw or phw.....

Hi Bagmoma--

The majority of my jewelry is in white gold or platinum so the bulk of my accessories are PH. However, certain H items look amazing in their gold, esp. the orange enamels and cadenas so I have some with gold hardware including the heart and lotus cadena and an orange caleche bangle and craie caleche bangle. I would choose the hardware that you use the most. I do have my "orange" suite in PH and GH.

Status
Not open for further replies.