H in St Martin /Maarten Help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I found two very helpful threads on the subject, but both were getting a little old and also I have a question which remains unanswered.

I'm going there later and I was wondering how the general selection of goods is there? Is it a nice store/place to go? Is it like in some airport with a lot of old stuff or is it like the main stores? Also, do they do a tax refund like in europe there?

TIA! :heart:

2. It is on the French side of the island near the other boutiques. It's not in an airport. When I was there, I was on a guided tour and didn't have time to go in. I was so upset!!!!

3. I visited that store on multiple occasions, unless it changed it's location it used to be in a pretty small place. yes, like airport bouiques. Yes, the staff was more outdated, but there was a Picotin once that you couldn't find in States at the time. It was white and cost $1350. and I passed on it. Some belts, some tee-****rs, nothing to write home about.
    Unless it changed in the last 2 years. They are selling supposedly duty-free, so no tax return. Looks like the american prices w/o tax.

4. I was in St Martin 2 weeks ago and tried to find the store- was on a cruise and only there for a short time so did not get to go :smile: Hopefully I did not miss out on much.
    Let us know what you see there-I want to know what I missed.

5. The store is on a French side, that is called St Martin, in Marigot (capital). Cruise ships arrive to the Dutch part - San Maarten. Dutch have great liquor and cigarettes stores, but no Hermes, Morgan, Cottonade. Marigot also has an expensive designers boutique, outdated but still high-priced. And absolutely the best restaurants in Caribbean.

6. THank you soo much! I was hoping there would be old stock as I don't like / can'¨t wear the current set of indian colours.. =/ ANd I'm looking for an old twilly. =)

7. Did you get to go to the H in St Martin yet. When we sailed into St Maarten we took a bus over to St. Martin- it was an interesting ride. I wanted to head straight to H, but DH and DS had other ideas. By the time I convinced them to check it out, it was time for our rideto head back to the boat and did not get a chance.

Please let me know what I missed when you go thee.

8. In case you didn't go yet, I forgot to mention, they close for a lunch, and it's about 3 hours, like from 12 to 3pm. They open, If I remember correctly at 9. But the latest at 10. There are lots of cute boutiques in the area that open earlier.
    If you are really interested in visiting this store, I suggest going to Marigot the first thing in the morning, enjoy the french side until they close for a lunch (some at 12, some at 1) and tke a taxi back to Dutch side before the traffics start. There were times we hardly made it to the ship because of traffic. So over the years I developed my routine.
    P.S. I believe the new a/c mall they recently opened is working at lunch time though.