H-Hour watch questions

Alex Cheng

Jun 26, 2012
Canada
I have a couple questions regarding the H hour watch and if you know the answers I would really appreciate it!

1. Can you change the straps on the H hour yourself without voiding the warranty? Is it easy? Does Hermes sell tools to help change straps? How much will the tools cost?

2. How much approximately is a replacement strap? Regular leather, and exotic leather?

3. How much approximately does a gold plated MM/GM size, 11 diamond dial (on the numbers), regular leather strap H hour cost?

I have been digging through threads regarding these questions and have not seem to find resolved answers. Thanks for dropping by!

DA Club

O.G.
Dec 20, 2008
Blissful in Cali
I have a couple questions regarding the H hour watch and if you know the answers I would really appreciate it!

1. Can you change the straps on the H hour yourself without voiding the warranty? Is it easy? Does Hermes sell tools to help change straps? How much will the tools cost?

2. How much approximately is a replacement strap? Regular leather, and exotic leather?

3. How much approximately does a gold plated MM/GM size, 11 diamond dial (on the numbers), regular leather strap H hour cost?

I have been digging through threads regarding these questions and have not seem to find resolved answers. Thanks for dropping by!
Hi there!

Hopefully I can help you out! I just was shopping for a watch this past month and ended up getting the cape cod over h-hour. You can check out my recent reveal for pics. For your first question, the new h-hour watches, you can change out the straps yourself - its awesome! You cannot change out the straps yourself on a cape cod without a special tool. Fortunately, purse forum was very resourceful and I got the right tool that someone suggested so now I can change out the cape cod watch strap myself without bringing it to the boutique. But with an h-hour you can do it without a tool.

Replacement straps for cape cods cost around $250ish for regular letter, $350ish for ostrich and $450ish for alligator so I assume the prices would be similar for h-hour straps.

Sorry I can't help you on the price as I was only looking for diamond bezel watches and not diamond markers.

Good luck, it's a beautiful watch!

ujili

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
Brand Heaven

Hi! I own a H Hour Silver Plated TGM with Diamonds and Orange Alligatore Leather Strap so I think i can help you out a bit.

1. My SA told me that I can buy a strap and change it and i believe you can change it yourself but when in doubt, contact a SA to be sure.
2. The replacement strap for exotic is rare/hard to find in fact nearly impossible. Regular straps can be bought at the store and you can choose the colors you want. In 2012, my SA said it costs around 500 singapore dollars for a regular strap so its over 400 us dollars. If you are using a different currency then just convert it and you'll get a rough idea. The price is of course more expensive in Asia, as usual.

3. I believe you can choose the dial and can make them change the strap for you if you want. I bought the original combo because it was fabulous...orange (H color) gator so i couldn't resist. Do check with the stores though because I believe it is very hard to find diamonds and regular leather combo and I am not sure of the price although it will be cheaper than exotic strap. The watch also depends on the size but around 5000 us dollars because the exotic diamond ones retail for over 6000 at least.

Hope that helps and ring with me up any questions.:smile:

blueberryjam

More Coffee Please!
O.G.
Nov 24, 2007

I can help you with this question. The newer H hour watches have a simple mechanism allowing you to change the straps yourself. The instrument will come with the watch purchase. It's pretty easy to change - a little fiddly the first time though.

So far, I've only seen H Hour watches with diamonds come with alligator straps. You may want to call your local boutique and enquire about this and the prices.
HTH!

Alex Cheng

Jun 26, 2012
Canada
Hi! I own a H Hour Silver Plated TGM with Diamonds and Orange Alligatore Leather Strap so I think i can help you out a bit.

1. My SA told me that I can buy a strap and change it and i believe you can change it yourself but when in doubt, contact a SA to be sure.
2. The replacement strap for exotic is rare/hard to find in fact nearly impossible. Regular straps can be bought at the store and you can choose the colors you want. In 2012, my SA said it costs around 500 singapore dollars for a regular strap so its over 400 us dollars. If you are using a different currency then just convert it and you'll get a rough idea. The price is of course more expensive in Asia, as usual.

3. I believe you can choose the dial and can make them change the strap for you if you want. I bought the original combo because it was fabulous...orange (H color) gator so i couldn't resist. Do check with the stores though because I believe it is very hard to find diamonds and regular leather combo and I am not sure of the price although it will be cheaper than exotic strap. The watch also depends on the size but around 5000 us dollars because the exotic diamond ones retail for over 6000 at least.

Hope that helps and ring with me up any questions.:smile:
Thank you very much for your response. I was planning to buy either a regular H hour, or H hour with diamonds depending on the mark up. I think I may choose no diamonds for now, and see whether I like the watch or not (since this will be a "fun" watch and not investment watch).

So what do you mean by rare? I think I will be buying a black strap with H hour first, then request my SA to order a gator/croc orange strap so I can switch between different straps. Will it take a long time, or should I just forget about ordering it?

birkinette

Jan 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your response. I was planning to buy either a regular H hour, or H hour with diamonds depending on the mark up. I think I may choose no diamonds for now, and see whether I like the watch or not (since this will be a "fun" watch and not investment watch).

So what do you mean by rare? I think I will be buying a black strap with H hour first, then request my SA to order a gator/croc orange strap so I can switch between different straps. Will it take a long time, or should I just forget about ordering it?
Hi Alex
the watch strap will take some time to arrive once ordered. I've waited for 6 months already.

Alex Cheng

Jun 26, 2012
Canada
Hi Alex
the watch strap will take some time to arrive once ordered. I've waited for 6 months already.
You've waited 6 months and it still hasn't arrived?

As long as its do-able and under 2 years then I can wait for it while using the normal strap. I would love to have a croc one if its possible to order :cool:

ujili

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
Brand Heaven

That is a good idea...I think you can request ur SA for a gator strap and i don't know how long it takes but i think it will be worth it.:smile:

marcxjacobs

Nov 2, 2012
Hi. Speaking of H-Hour questions:
Does it come in GM?

There is no GM H-hour online (US) and I went to the store and they don't have it either.
I'm a guy but the TGM looks too huge on me, while the MM looks too small...

marcxjacobs

Nov 2, 2012
Thank you. I wasn't at the H boutique but another luxury retailer (price much cheaper there) and the woman actually told me that no there is no GM. It all goes by numbers anyway so I'm sure she wasn't familiar with it. Do you happen to know what the measurement of the GM is?

*Nevermind, it's 28 I assume! Thanks

Last edited: