h girls, need some honest opinion asap...

Sep 22, 2006
little did i know, when i made a first purchase in my local h store, a pair of jumper boots (yes, yes, i will show the pics once my cam fixed) and expressed my interest in a raisin b, i got a call weeks late telling me they got one in, clemence w/ ph

i am overly excited. but...yes, always a but! raisin b is my dream bag. and i do prefer a bit more stucture than clemence...on top of that, i just saw a raisin jpg w/ gh and love the gold on that color...

should i be picky? i just establish a relationship w/ my local sa(b4 i always get things from sf). i am afraid if i am being picky, i am not going to get another call? oh, dear, so conflict inside now and i need to make a deicision asap...

any opinion? thanks!

I think you shouldn't settle....H is an expensive hobby and I think one should get something one really likes...no matter how long or how hard it is to get the item...those items that really make your heart sings...

Because I think to settle...it will end up with buyer remorse experience...

My personal choice, raisin is drop dead gorgeous in box.....Good Luck with the decision :smile::heart:

If you don't like clemance leather. do not take it. Birkin bag is not an inexpensive stuff. you have to get exactly what you want. I think the store will get more and you have chance to get one you really like. No obligation to buy anything you don't really like. SA should not be upset if you do not buy. it is 10K bucks. everyone has to be serious to spend this money.:yes:

I think its adorable people are always worried they won't get another call if they turn down a Birkin. Its an unnecessary courtesy, especially with so much of your money! My store LOVES to tell you there are many who will come in later, for which that bag is *exactly* right, so they will do their best to call when yours is exactly right!

Just be honest - they can always sell that B to someone else and I've garnered nothing but respect from my SAs for sticking to my colour, leather, and hardware guns!

Good luck, don't settle!!

ling, Birkins in clemence are so pretty. The softer leather lends a deepness to the color.

But, I feel that if you are second guessing yourself and you should pass on this one because you ought to be really excited and have no doubt that you're making the decision that's right for You.

So, my answer, is be picky when it's really important. If you want more structure then ask the SA if the bag looks structured. Not all leathers "act" the same even the same leather on the same style. ( different animals, different craftsmen) but you can usually count on clemence to be softer and pliable.

If possible, ask for a picture of this Birkin and express your concern about this particular leather not being as structured?? Too, you might like to actually see the pall hardware since it's your second choice. It could be you might really like it on "this" particular Birkin, or, you may not.

I am also waiting for a raisin with GHW. I will hold out for it till I get it. Raisin Togo GHW, Raisin Box, GHW, Rouge Garrance Togo, GHW, Rouge H with GHW. The list is never ending...

There will be enough ladies out there who will just looove Raisin in Clemence. Don't take it yourself if you are not absolutely sure. Your SA will definitely call you next time she finds your dreambag. Good luck!

Don't settle. And the leathers really make a difference. It changes the birkin's structure and weight. I sugest politely refusing and waiting for your dream. After all it is an expensive dream come true.

Let's get over the idea that Hermes is doing US a favor by selling us a bag!!! WE'RE the buyer and right now, ALL businesses need buyers! Get exactly what you want and don't settle - they're WAY too expensive to do that.