H Colors That Substitute for Black

QuelleFromage

Not my circus, not my monkeys
O.G.
Jan 15, 2011
In honor of special order season, and all those of us tempted to buy or order black bags but fearing we are too boring/already have too many black bags.....which colors do you feel "replace" black and for instance can be worn with an all-black outfit without being a "pop"? Bleu Indigo, I know, is one, as is the now rested Plomb. Can Vert Foncé work?

Others? Mod shots? Much appreciated!
(Mods, I searched on this topic with no luck...feel free to merge into a matching thread....) :flowers:

My Sombrero Blue Obscure PHW Kelly is an amazing sub for black. Not quite black, but a deeeeeeeep ocean blue. Often times, in the winter especially, I find myself pairing black and navy together and really don't want a pop bag (strange for me, I know).

I definitely think that Vert Fonce can work as an amazing substitute for black! However, I do not think black itself is a boring color at all or something that shouldn't be So'd. In fact, I'd love to SO a black chevre Birkin. I think the sheen of chevre adds a special touch to basic black. Also I feel the hardware choice makes each bag speak a different language to my soul.

I am sure plenty of people will give you all sorts of options but based on personal experience there is no substitute. Actually for me I can't have too many black bags and out of all my collection this color gets far more use than any other.

My Sombrero Blue Obscure PHW Kelly is an amazing sub for black. Not quite black, but a deeeeeeeep ocean blue. Often times, in the winter especially, I find myself pairing black and navy together and really don't want a pop bag (strange for me, I know).

I definitely think that Vert Fonce can work as an amazing substitute for black! However, I do not think black itself is a boring color at all or something that shouldn't be So'd. In fact, I'd love to SO a black chevre Birkin. I think the sheen of chevre adds a special touch to basic black. Also I feel the hardware choice makes each bag speak a different language to my soul.

I knew it, I will be getting ANOTHER black Kelly. LOL. And fair enough, I don't have THAT many black bags. One black B, one black K, one GP, one Evie and a Chanel WOC.