H bags in hotel rooms--safe?

I usually lock them up in my luggage and lock it in the closet and take the keys with me. I always worried about these things also. Also keep the do not disturb sign on your doors at all times.

I would lock my nice stuff in my suitcase. I travelled enough before to realized that even if ppl don't steal my stuff they might just play around with your stuff. I don't want anyone touching my birkin and scratch it up.

I lock up my tooth brush too just incase the maids might use it to clean or put it in the toilet bowl if they want to be nasty.

I lock up my tooth brush also!!!!!:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I don't know if anyone else has a problem with this, but when I travel with more than one bag, I'm afraid of leaving an expensive bag in my room. The safe is always too small. It seems like a hassle to lock luggage and anyone can remove those anyway. I've never had a problem in the U.S. but twice I had things taken (by the maids?) in Mexico--an Hermes scarf and New La Perla lingerie. What do you do with your valuables in hotels?

I totally feel you on this one. I usually don't carry more than one bag so that I don't have to leave it in the hotel room.

I would lock my nice stuff in my suitcase. I travelled enough before to realized that even if ppl don't steal my stuff they might just play around with your stuff. I don't want anyone touching my birkin and scratch it up.

This is so true. Once I returned to my room early to find the maids paying with my friend's clothing.

Oh, Sonya, how awful for your friend.
I so far have only taken one H bag at a time when traveling and carry it everywhere.
I can't afford the deep depression I would feel if something happened to one of my bags!!
Thanks for the hint re toothbrushes too.

yeah, no kidding about the toothbrush! i never thought of that! :biggrin:

i have just one H bag, but would be scared to bring more than one to hotel rooms. that baby is gotta be with me at all times when i'm out of town!

I would also use the safe. and if the item is too large, lock the suitcase.
I was surprised the last time I traveled, my 28cm kelly actually fit in the safe very well w/ plenty of room for other things!

I have locked mine in the safe also! I have always used the hide it in a zippered bag in the closet thing for anything of value to me. I also put away all cosmetics, toothbrush etc. Have to say that now I'm thinking of putting the toothbruth in the safe as well:nuts:

Bottom line is that I usually leave these bags at home. It is not worth the rish of having them stolen from your room or person. Same goes for expensive clothing. Sad comments about modern life:yucky:

I never trust anyone even using a safe. When we were on a cruise, the safe was locked by the previous passenger and we needed it to place our money and jewelry, we contacted room service and a guy came in and unlocked it with a key. Well, if it was that simple that he can just walk in and unlocked when were not there.

One day on the cruise, I forgot to hide my LV Panda Pochette and left it on the desk with a large sum of money in it. Wasn't sure exactly how much I had in there, if the chambermaid did take any, then atleast it wasn't everything. I almost dropped dead on the floor when I walked in and realized I left it out there in the open.

Yup, I even hide my toothbrush. Never know what they can do.