H: A bargain?

xiaoxiao

O.G.
May 15, 2008
DS just woke me up and I'm having trouble falling back to sleep. :crybaby: As I have been reading some of the old threads, something came to me and I wonder what you guys think...

With the recent price increase and another one in few months, I wonder if there is such things as a H bargain in full price (not excluding pre-loved and sales item)?

The other day my friend bought a pair of very soft and cuddly boots for $1.5K, which I will totally buy instead of the Fendi one I just bought for $1K. The craftmanship is just not comparison, and H leather is 10000 times softer. Even though it is 50% more than the Fendi boots, I would still consider this a "bargain". :sweatdrop:

I wonder, if you think any of the H items are "bargains", given its durability, quality, practicality and the fact that you love it to death?

Can't wait to hear what your thoughts are!

hi xiaoxiao. i can't sleep either. :s

i was surprised to find, though, that a balenciaga mini coin purse was over $200, while the hermes bastia coin purse was around $180. they're very different styles, and the bal mini coin has a zipper, but still... i guess that would be my "h bargain."

My bf wanted either the vuitton graphite damier belt or an H belt.

they were both $570 including buckle.!

i thought. [!!!!!]

i got him the H belt.

and he really like curry, so we had to find it.

so we got him,

brushed palladium buckle, BJ togo/Black box & Curry togo/gold box

technically 4 belts for a little over $1k.

Hi missbabydolce: WHA? Didn't realize LV belts are so expensive! :tdown: Yeah H is definitely better!!!

And galileo, I didn't even REALIZE how long Massai has been around... Apparently, over few years. THEY STILL LOOK SO GOOD!!! :tup:

xiaoxiao and bluegenes, HI!!--- sorry you had trouble sleeping (me too, but I'm in another time zone...)!

Re: H bargains---I think the item that seems truly a " bargain" to me is my zip Globetrotter agenda. I don't know how I lived without it---it has organized my life!! Wallet, calendar, post-it notes, passport, receipts, addresses... I know it is not inexpensive, but in my mind, it is worth every penny---functional and so beautiful!! I LOVE using it every day. There are not too many things I can say the same for.

I've recently given this a lot of thought (mainly because I was critisized for my excessive shopping), and I think there is a major difference between 'a lot of money' and 'expensive', i.e. something can cost a lot of money, like H, but doesn't neccessarily have to be expensive because of the quality. $8000 is a lot of money, but spending it on a birkin makes sense if the quality means you can carry it your whole life, making it relatively inexpensive (it makes more sense to me than doshing out $2000 on a vuitton that'll last you 5 years, or buying 15 t-shirts at Gap instead of one quality cashmere jumper). So, I think H are bargains (not that I can afford any H bag at the moment, but hey, a girl can dream right?)

Hi,

If I look at a Birkin or a Kelly and compare it to another high end bag, I'd say the H bag is the better buy. I don't know if I'd call any bag in the higher price range a bargain, but I'd say the H label is a better buy. Reason because it will be in fashion longer, some of those bags are "in today" "out tomorrow" and at $2500+ a pop after 3 or 4 you can have a birken. That's how I got started.

Scarves, no one IMO does a scarf as wel as H. The colors, the designs. I remember years ago, I went shopping, I saw a beautiful H scarf in red, must have been their chinese period, anyway, I bought a cheaper scarf, cheaper meaning about $100 less, went home, hubby said, but it's not H, why didn't you buy an H? I said well I didn't want to splurge, he said, take it back and get the H, splurge. He loves H scarves for me. He thinks H scarves are the best and the nicest. Do I think they are bargains, no but I do think they give the best value for their money.

Not to mention, if anyone ever wanted to resell a Birkin, the resale value is probably higher than any other bag out there. So yes, I do think that certain H products are worth the money.

I think if you like it, want it, (need is irrlevent) and can afford it, it's worth the money if it makes you happy.

The only "bargain" I can think of was my half price Birkin but it's well loved and won't ever be "like new" again. Still, at 4.5k that can't be a true bargain. That's half of an economy car (I think...) My H belt collection is definitely NOT a bargain. $2,6000 for a croc belt times three, plus three other regular leather constances at 500 a pop? Jeez, my heart sinks at the numbers but I do love them all. Oh well.

I've recently given this a lot of thought (mainly because I was critisized for my excessive shopping), and I think there is a major difference between 'a lot of money' and 'expensive', i.e. something can cost a lot of money, like H, but doesn't neccessarily have to be expensive because of the quality. $8000 is a lot of money, but spending it on a birkin makes sense if the quality means you can carry it your whole life, making it relatively inexpensive (it makes more sense to me than doshing out $2000 on a vuitton that'll last you 5 years, or buying 15 t-shirts at Gap instead of one quality cashmere jumper). So, I think H are bargains (not that I can afford any H bag at the moment, but hey, a girl can dream right?)

I think this is very true: Expensive vs. a lot of money.

Using the prada fairy example: I think it is VERY expensive, vs. a Massai is a lot of money. Still, I would never buy the fairy bag, but I know I had been contemplating a Massai (I didn't want a shoulder bag, otherwise I would have gotten her already!). I think H, although A LOT OF MONEY, is not as expensive as other brands are. With the exceptional of LV luggage, apple to apple, I think LV luggage is A LOT OF MONEY, but H luggage is VERY VERY expensive!

Let´s face it none of H is a bargain but if you use the item for years and years it becomes very much worth it. I think H silk scarves are "bargains" in a sense that it looks fantastic after 10 years and you can still sell it for profit if selling is your thing.

I think if it makes you happy then it is definately a bargain, especially if it continues to do so. Everytime I wear one of my scarves, I get a little rush of joy, which IMHO shouldn't be dismissed lightly. When I use my bag, I feel all warm inside KWIM? For me, happiness has no price.

Also, if you have that money burning a hole in your pocket, you will only spend it on other stuff, so might as well be H (OK for 'you' read 'I' :roflmfao:). Did someone say addicted?? :graucho: