Gwyneth Paltrow

The jury was not in the room when this happened. Wonder if BLG watched this?
In order to see Sanderson’s reaction, you have to play the whole thing.

So inconsistent statements are no longer considered indicators of lying. :rolleyes:

As we prepare for tomorrow’s debacle, this article summarizes Friday’s ordeal, with humor.
The real questions are what will GP, her kids and Brad wear? Will she have done something to her hair? Is the ski instructor a hunk?

But at least one other witness, the plaintiff's daughter Shae Sanderson, was far more theatrical, far less believable and seemed far more willfully obtuse on the stand. And Shae is a woman who speaks Gwyneth's language!

There was a lot of 'standing in truth' and 'honoring another's journey' and evading statements given in pre-trial depositions. Such as: Her father Terry suffered hearing loss and had lost vision in one eye well before the accident. That Shae herself was shocked he first tried to sue Paltrow for $3 million, thinking that was way too much money. (A judge tossed that out and ruled he could only sue Paltrow for $300,000; Paltrow is counter suing for $1 and reimbursement of legal fees.)

That her father was gratified to Google search his name post-collision and see himself pop up on numerous links. Shae, in her depo, apparently said that after the crash, her father didn't know who hit whom. That her father had his own history of recklessness, once driving down a freeway at 70 miles per hour, reading a book, with his small child in the vehicle.

I think people don't like GP, which..fair. But like I said earlier, it doesn't mean she was acting recklessly or dangerously to cause the crash. Just because he was more injured doesn't automatically assign her fault.

I find the lawyers in this case absolutely ridiculous.
it seems some people her don't like her but apparently a lot of people do like her - hence the success of goop
I'm pretty neutral about her....don't buy her products but don't dislike her

I think people don't like GP, which..fair. But like I said earlier, it doesn't mean she was acting recklessly or dangerously to cause the crash. Just because he was more injured doesn't automatically assign her fault.

I find the lawyers in this case absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah... but just because she is GP/famous/very rich, doesn't mean she couldn't be at fault and equally just because she was less injured/not injured at all doesn't mean she wasn't at fault :shrugs:
I don't care for her at all and I don't care if she's guilty or not, but I'm going to wait and see what the outcome is once the jury/court decides. I'm only seeing what's happening by what's posted on here or what I see in media, I'm not watching the trial.
Whatever happens, happens. Makes no difference to me and I won't be thinking anymore about it!

One thing is for sure, the lawyers are acting a mess and it's hilarious to think they are being paid to do so :biggrin:

I'm not really a fan of hers..BUT I will say, it would have been WAYYY easier to pay the 300K and move on. She must really want to do what is right in her eyes. She could have easily paid and swept this under the rug. She must feel that she wants the truth to come out...or why bother with this trial after all these years and legal fees? She gets some kudos from me for that.
ETA for not just being that rich celeb that pays for things to go away that are an inconvenience.

I'm not really a fan of hers..BUT I will say, it would have been WAYYY easier to pay the 300K and move on. She must really want to do what is right in her eyes. She could have easily paid and swept this under the rug. She must feel that she wants the truth to come out...or why bother with this trial after all these years and legal fees? She gets some kudos from me for that.
ETA for not just being that rich celeb that pays for things to go away that are an inconvenience.

Must be the principle. If I felt like someone hit me and then sued me, I wouldn't want to take it lying down either if I had the money. I saw she was suing for $1 plus legal feels so she may get them recouped... wouldn't be surprised if that were several hundreds of thousands itself!

Must be the principle. If I felt like someone hit me and then sued me, I wouldn't want to take it lying down either if I had the money. I saw she was suing for $1 plus legal feels so she may get them recouped... wouldn't be surprised if that were several hundreds of thousands itself!
Personally if she wins I don't see them awarding legal fees...it's just more of a scare tactic from the start (IMO)

The costs of the trial will easily exceed any amount awarded, whether it is $1 or $300k.

Personally if she wins I don't see them awarding legal fees...it's just more of a scare tactic from the start (IMO)
If she wins, the court is required to award legal fees according because of the way the law is written in Utah. She could waive them, however. The legal fees includes, court costs, juror fees, attorneys fees, court reporter fees during trial, all the costs of litigation that GP had to pay to defend the case. A lot of money.

If GP wins, it means the Dr. wrongfully filed this suit and the legal fees are a form of punitive damages.

If the Dr. wins, GP must pay legal fees because it means she may have defended the claim in bad faith.

Last edited:
I don't think this trial is doing her any favors. Should have settled out of court. She's a celebrity. She crossed path with a narcissist, let go of a little money, and move on....

Courts are not movie sets. Arghhh....

I understand why she wouldn't on principle. If celebrities did that and settled every lawsuit, there'd be so many fake lawsuits against celebrities just trying to get an easy settlement.