Guys Please help... Issues buying from Vestiare

sorry, I am curious what is VD?:smile:

VD : Vide Dressing. As VC, they sell everything about luxury in France and Europ. I bought 2 times: my small DE cards, was perfect and seller too. But about my small agenda in amarante, I need to repare it (50 or 75 euro at LV) because the seller did not show a pic about its problem (bar rings at one side); it was too late for me to return the item. So I am going to find a good shoemaker. Since that, I stopped and buy brand new.

Of course, I know sellers or buyers depending who deals with :smile: ; Ebay, VD, VC and all more Websites which sell luxury, we can find a good deal or fake. And as VC, VD has got a "team to authenticate items" but well, they authenticated some fakes LV so...just be careful.

VD : Vide Dressing. As VC, they sell everything about luxury in France and Europ. I bought 2 times: my small DE cards, was perfect and seller too. But about my small agenda in amarante, I need to repare it (50 or 75 euro at LV) because the seller did not show a pic about its problem (bar rings at one side); it was too late for me to return the item. So I am going to find a good shoemaker. Since that, I stopped and buy brand new.

Of course, I know sellers or buyers depending who deals with :smile: ; Ebay, VD, VC and all more Websites which sell luxury, we can find a good deal or fake. And as VC, VD has got a "team to authenticate items" but well, they authenticated some fakes LV so...just be careful.

Thanks a lot! Didn't know about VD. Just always looking for new places to sell / buy my stuff lol

Reactions: MaryLVLover
Hey everyone, I have some issue ordering a Chanel mini flap from Vestiaire Collection, it'd be great if you guys could help me out in terms of brainstorming...

At first, I had some difficulty getting the bag authenticated because they seller couldn't take a pic of the hologram sticker. After realizing this, I was trying to cancel the order (it was foolish of me to pay before authentication) but Vestiare said that would be against their policy. So the seller sent the bag to Vestiaire anyway. After Vestiaire's quality control, it seemed that the authenticity card's number didn't match with the hologram sticker, and now the seller is asking me if I would still take it, given that the bag has a very good price. I hope I'm not confusing you with my story, you can also read the entire conversation on here for clarity but this is a strange experience for me: http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...-patent-leather-mini-bag-chanel-2579829.shtml

I used to just buy on lollipuff and my experience was perfect. I don't know what to think in this case. Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

Ops I would say walk away too. Was browsing on vestiaire, now I have to rethink about this. Thanks for sharing.

Hey everyone, I have some issue ordering a Chanel mini flap from Vestiaire Collection, it'd be great if you guys could help me out in terms of brainstorming...

At first, I had some difficulty getting the bag authenticated because they seller couldn't take a pic of the hologram sticker. After realizing this, I was trying to cancel the order (it was foolish of me to pay before authentication) but Vestiare said that would be against their policy. So the seller sent the bag to Vestiaire anyway. After Vestiaire's quality control, it seemed that the authenticity card's number didn't match with the hologram sticker, and now the seller is asking me if I would still take it, given that the bag has a very good price. I hope I'm not confusing you with my story, you can also read the entire conversation on here for clarity but this is a strange experience for me: http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...-patent-leather-mini-bag-chanel-2579829.shtml

I used to just buy on lollipuff and my experience was perfect. I don't know what to think in this case. Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

If I may... in the future, you should always authenticate BEGORE buying, agreeing, bidding.... etc.
I'm sure you know that, but it is not a good idea to promise to buy, then worry about authentication...

Once you have taken the bag off the market from the seller.. and if you have not 100% committed,
that seller could have had a real buyer in that time.

I'm not trying to be mean of anything, but... just keep that in mind for next time.

If you look at the various authentication threads here on tPF, if a buyer asks for an
authentication AFTER they bid and won, or committed to buying a bag... then want an authentication
before they pay for the bag, some authenticators get VERY upset over this kind of thing...
I have seen authenticators jump on buyers who've done that.. even if the bag was a terrible fake.

also, that seller is NOT all that bright... yes, it is a small bag, but it is still possible to take
a photo of that hologram... she was being difficult. She did not seem to want to take a
photo of the inside of the bag, that is suspicious.

By the way... Did you look at the condition of that bag, well the leather in the chain?
it looked to me as if there were cracks in the patent leather in the chain strap.

You might want to watch for that next time, in the leather in the strap :smile:

Patent leather is NOT great for things like cracks... regular leather can be
cleaned, dyed, and repaired.... Patent does not really have those options.
Of course you can always replace the leather in the chain, but for that price,
you might want it in better condition.

also, there was some pealing or nicks in the leather, under the flap.

a lot of stains on patent can't ever be removed... I learned that the hard way. :sad:
I bought a Jimmy Choo tan patent bag once, and thought I could clean it up.. Nope.
the stains are there for good. :sad:

I have learned the hard way, when spending this kind of money, taking a few extra hours is
a good idea... It is better to miss a bag you want, then pay all that money, get the bag into your
country, paying customs and such, just to find out the bag is not in the condition you thought it was.

Honestly, I think you got really lucky.. :smile:

Good luck finding your bag. :smile: