Guys owning LV Speedy 30 - Need ur opinions!

Im a guy and I would not carry a Speedy 30, I think the size is too small for a guy But a Speedy 40 is perfect. I think larger womens bags suit men. Snoop was not well dressed at all in that photo and if you are using it for work and are smartly dressed, I think it would look good on you. Please buy what YOU want because at the end of the day, its you who is using the bag. :flowers:

Im a guy and I would not carry a Speedy 30, I think the size is too small for a guy But a Speedy 40 is perfect. I think larger womens bags suit men. Snoop was not well dressed at all in that photo and if you are using it for work and are smartly dressed, I think it would look good on you. Please buy what YOU want because at the end of the day, its you who is using the bag. :flowers:

i agree with u! i plan to use it for work and i'm always smartly dressed for work. so now i'm convinced! :smile:

Yes, if you can make it work then more power to you! I am also an LV guy and have a Damier Dorsoduro (no longer made). What about the Damier Naviglo as your your first bag?

hi! sorry i'm still not familiar with all the lv bags! there's so much! what's the style of the dorsoduro and naviglo? i'm not really into messenger- and briefcase-style bags.

hehe and i plan to make the LV work! :yahoo:

I saw a very distinguished looking gentleman once in a store with his young kid. He was dressed really conservatively with a scarf under his full-length cashmere trench coat. In his hand was a vintage Mono Speedy 30 and he looked excellent with it. But some people might stereotype you since you are carrying a "women's" bag :blah::blah:. It comes down to your style really. I've always wanted to get a Speedy and attach a shoulder strap to it (at the metal handle rings) and wear it cross-body. I think a Speedy worn cross-body, or as a one-strap backpack (strap pulled tight so that the bag is resting near the top part of your back, swing it around to the front to get access) would be hot hot hot! :drool::idea::graucho:

ya who cares i personal think that guy suit speedy then gal does...:tup: but in singapore if a guy carry one they give you a nasty look and say nasty remark infront of you.... i as a s'porean feel ashame.... they need to think outside the box they r not openminded =) well go for it if you like it for me i may consider damier Azur speedy 30

I think the 30 would look too small.. it's a shame that the Damier isn't made in a larger size. Howabout a Damier Keepall 45? I know it's a ton larger, but would look fantastic, and I have 3 bags that are this length and they don't feel too big on me and I'm a bony chick!

im a guy and have a few hand-carry bags and totes, but i personally wouldn't carry nor recommend other guys to use any Speedy. especially if you intend it for work. how about a Damier Sac Plat or Venice? they look a bit more professional and less feminine :yes:

I'd go the smallest Damier Keepall also. Or possibly the special-order Speedy 40. Anything smaller than 40 screams 'handbag' to me, and I think there's a difference between a Vuitton handbag looking good on a man simply because it's Vuitton, and, a bag actually suiting him. I'd never use a Speedy because the dimensions say 'handbag', to me.
THAT SAID, Personally, for work use, I'd like something along the lines of the Damier Sac Plat to lug my laptop around.

Would people generally say that the Damier Sac Plat is too 'feminine'?

:confused1:

i got the monogram keepall 45 i use it sumtime when i go shopping but it kinda weird if you never put alot of stuff in it it will sag but if i put alot of thing in it its pretty heavy and sumtime it make me very tired...for me i ok with 30,35,40...25 is too small cos i personally dun put much thing in the bag only hp,wallet,key, umbrella, water bottle that all....:yes: and i kinda like the leather tab zip then the keepall brass zip tab...

I'm a girl, and I can say I wouldn't like to see my boyfriend wearing a speedy. It's a women's bag. Everyone knows it's meant for women, so I don't think you could "pull it off". That's just my opinion. But LV has some beautiful items for men, you should check them out! A collegue at work has an LV briefcase and he looks so sophisticated.

Also, i don't think it's really "classic" because the Speedy is just a derivation of the Keepall which imo is classic and would suit a guy better

I love the speedy, but it's a bag you have to get into. I didn't like it at first, but now I'm loving my azur speedy! The bag exists for over 70 years, so it's one of the most classic bags in history IMO.