Guys, I'm confused (re book The Birth of Modern Luxury)

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
On the LV website it's $205 AUD, yet from a well known and reputable bookshop online it's $117 down from $160? That's quite the difference yet they look exactly the same! I understand different places can put their own prices on things but I would have thought the rrp would remain the same, if not very close. Furthermore, I would have thought LV wouldn't distribute their books to third party retailers?

On a side note, is this a good book to get?

On the LV website it's $205 AUD, yet from a well known and reputable bookshop online it's $117 down from $160? That's quite the difference yet they look exactly the same! I understand different places can put their own prices on things but I would have thought the rrp would remain the same, if not very close. Furthermore, I would have thought LV wouldn't distribute their books to third party retailers?

On a side note, is this a good book to get?

I have that book. I don't remember what is in it. But it's a good book to have. At the lowest price you can get. I don't have a good answer why either, but who cares. Cheaper is always good! I mean this book in particular, not other LV merchandise.

Last edited:
Than
I have that book. I don't remember what is in it. But it's a good book to have. At the lowest price you can get. I don't have a good answer why either, but who cares. Cheaper is always good! I mean this book in particular, not other LV merchandise.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and order it then. I guess I was worried it wasnt legit or it was a very old and outdated version or something hence the price difference but as far as I can see it's the same! :smile:

I have this book -- it's a great LV book --- I think at one time the book sold through LV had a nice presentation box or something like that and the one sold at other retailers didn't have the box, hence the greater price through LV....

Reactions: j19
I don't have this particular book but I have the "City Bags" one and found it at my local bookstore for a huge difference - something like $100 savings, can't quite remember since it was so long ago - with the only difference being that mine didn't come in a box and it's cover, instead of being cream/white, is that green pattern and has the Speedy on the front:hrmm: