Guys, I need your help....

Duna, unless you go with Epsom and don't want Togo or CLemence, there aren't any other options for gold. I think Togo and Clemence are the best leathers for gold because it brings out that rich British tan hue.
I do like caramel chevre but prefer Cocoan Chevre. This is tough because you're getting the chocolate swift Birkin... Gosh, I'm no help!!!

OTINGOCNI said:
Jag, I don't know if I showed you what MF Chevre looks like up close but I recently posted this:

http://forum.purseblog.com/628167-post26.html

MF is very close to Chocolat, so I'm hoping this gives you an idea! IMO I really like how dark browns appear in goatskin. The sheen isn't that bad at all; in fact, I prefer it since it doesn't look "flat".
Oh, gosh, OT had to post that dreamy bag again. Back on the floor :sos:

I'm popping in here for one last post before I head off into the wild blue yonder of Las Vegas......

D.....as a fellow neutral girl here this is what I found with my Caramel Chevre Kelly. Fell in LOVE with it immediately. Brought her home and went into a little twirl because the color in bright light just pops. This is something new to me because my other bags are either black or subdued neutrals. I had to get used to her and it took about a day or two at most. That being said I use this bag TONS! It goes with everything, I don't worry about hurting it, it's not heavy, there's no slumping or slouching as it holds its shape really well, it can be both casual and because of the slight sheen it can easily do double duty as a terrific evening bag.

My next kelly though will be a BLACK Chevre de Coromandel because I want a small Kelly more for evenings and dressy daytime events and Chevre in Black is STUNNING!!!!!!! I just fell head over heals when I saw Fopduck's IRL.

I also would LOVE to see it in Chocolate....it's got to be just beautiful in such a rich color!

Exactly GT! That's the problem, there aren't many leathers that look nice in Gold...My SA told me that there's a Swift Birkin arriving in Gold, and she'll try and show it to me before it gets picked up, just to see the color/leather combo, that could be nice, I wonder.... Have any of you seen Swift in Gold ?

Thank you so much for posting that OT! I am really liking the Marron Fonce in chevre, but wondering if I would prefer chevre in a Kelly instead. It is just so elegant, and I can just imagine how gorgeous it would be in marron fonce, black or blue jean for a Kelly!!!

Two questions: what leather is the first pic (gold)? and do you think that chocolate in togo or clemence is flat?

shopmom411 said:
I'm popping in here for one last post before I head off into the wild blue yonder of Las Vegas......

D.....as a fellow neutral girl here this is what I found with my Caramel Chevre Kelly. Fell in LOVE with it immediately. Brought her home and went into a little twirl because the color in bright light just pops. This is something new to me because my other bags are either black or subdued neutrals. I had to get used to her and it took about a day or two at most. That being said I use this bag TONS! It goes with everything, I don't worry about hurting it, it's not heavy, there's no slumping or slouching as it holds its shape really well, it can be both casual and because of the slight sheen it can easily do double duty as a terrific evening bag.

My next kelly though will be a BLACK Chevre de Coromandel because I want a small Kelly more for evenings and dressy daytime events and Chevre in Black is STUNNING!!!!!!! I just fell head over heals when I saw Fopduck's IRL.

I also would LOVE to see it in Chocolate....it's got to be just beautiful in such a rich color!

This is why I would REALLY like a tan color in Chevre....but I must see it IRL, and it doesn't seem so easy....I don't suppose you'd like to send yours over so I can see it and then I'll send her back?!?LOL:lol: (don't worry D. I'm just jocking!)

Jag, the first pic is of Gold in Clemence. I also think that Gold looks best in Clemence and Togo. It's all personal preference but I really like dark browns in leathers with a sheen (chevre and Box)!

JAG, Birkin 30 in BJ Togo and fuchsia chevre Kelly??? :smile:

Duna, I haven' seen gold swift but I've seen gold in Gulliver. Still prefer Togo and Clemence.
Hey - how about Havane or Noisette? These are sooo amazing in Chevre!

Jag, you're welcome!

Totally agree w/ GT--Havane and NOisette would be gorgeous in Chevre! I think I posted a pic of an agenda in Noisette Mysore here.

And who can forget Gigi's Cognac Chevre de Coromandel Birkin! *drool*

Greentea said:
JAG, Birkin 30 in BJ Togo and fuchsia chevre Kelly??? :smile:

Duna, I haven' seen gold swift but I've seen gold in Gulliver. Still prefer Togo and Clemence.
Hey - how about Havane or Noisette? These are sooo amazing in Chevre!

Havanne I think is a bit too dark, and Noisette I saw an Agenda, but although it's lighter than Havanne it's still a tad dark.... I know, I'm a pain, but it's so frustrating to only see colors in pics and not being able to see them IRL...sorry Girls!!!:shame:

Duna- you are not a pain at all. Your questions are helping a bunch of us! And it is SO frustrating not being able to see any of these IRL and before we order them!

shopmom411 said:

Shopmom's caramel chevre Kelly is just TDF - I don't think any of the pics I have seen does justice to the color. Just imagine a piece of soft buttery caramel chew!! :love: You girls have to see this color/leather combo in person. You will not be disappointed!

I think Shopmom and I are secretly coveting each other's Kelly :girlsigh: