Guys, I need your help....

1. As some of you know, I went to H yesterday to see the Chevre swatches because, after seeing Shopmom's Caramel Kelly and a Birkin in Caramel Chevre at MK, I decided I wanted a Birkin in Chevre, either Caramel or Gold. Well, to my dissapointment, there were only 2 Chevre swatches, one black the other Cocoan....:wtf:

Furthermore, my SA said that Chevre is better in bright colors than in neutrals...:wtf: .So I would like to know from you ladies whether you agree with this, and what leathers are your favourites (non exotics) in Gold/Caramel colors....

I will just add that I want a 35 Birkin in one of these colors with white stitching....and not Clemence/Togo because I have several bags in Clemence and I want to change....

Give me as much info as you possibly can, 'cause I'm really stuck with this dilemma! TIA:flowers:

2. i looove caramel in chevre so classy looking but i hate dark browns in anything glossy or with a shine (it reminds me of poodle poo but that is just me). i also love gold in vache liegee
    go with what you love not your sa you have to carry the bag (and pay for her)

3. I agree with Lilach - caramel in chevre is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

4. I did see a gold chevre Kelly several months ago at the boutique and it looked a lot lighter than gold in other leathers.

My SAs also told me that they don't like gold so much in chevre because it looks too yellowish.

5. Duna...join the club! I am right with you now trying to figure this out for myself. Same situation.

I do agree with your SA that chevre looks better on brighter or more colored bags, but that is not to mean neutrals look poorly. Maybe in a subtle way she is trying to say you could spend your money better by purchasing a different neutral leather.

I would like to see what others say to you on this one.

Personally, I would not pick gold in chevre. I haven't seen caramel in it, so I can't comment.

6. Duna, I actually think gold looks best in clemence. However, caramel I haven't seen in other leathers, so you may be stuck with chevre on that one. But, let me get back to you on that because I remember that caramel may be coming out in other leathers, maybe fjord. I have to check the new color swatches.

7. voila caramel chevre :flowers:

d3ocgca-1.jpg d3ocgcs.jpg
  8. Nice pictures Lilach...that is a nice light caramel. Too light of a shade for me, but looks nice in pics.

Duna...advice...try to see it in person on any bag!

9. I love chevre in brights - but then again, I like the colored bags more than neutrals so I guess it's just me!

10. Runny poodle poo, I might add.

11. I think almost all colors look fantastic in Chevre. IMHO, black, medium browns, and dark browns look richer and have more depth in Chevre de Coromandel. Two colors I like least in Chevre, however, are Saffron and Caramel. That's just my opinion, though!

12. Caramel Chevre irl is gorgeous. I was lucky enough to see Shopmom's Kelly in person when she picked it up and it is sooooo pretty!!!! Pictures cannot capture the color very well. :upsidedown:

13. This is so interesting! I am glad you started this thread duna as I am really debating over which color would look best in chevre for a Kelly.

From the pics that I have seen, I think Caramel Chevre is just beautiful! I would really love to see that and a chocolate chevre bag IRL because I love the idea of these colors being in chevre, but worried about the sheen.

14. This is the MK one I mentioned! It looks lovely in the pics, and so does Shopmom's, but I don't want to order it without seeing it first IRL! That's why I'm looking also at other leather possibilities... Keep them coming girls!!:yes:

15. Jag, I don't know if I showed you what MF Chevre looks like up close but I recently posted this:

http://forum.purseblog.com/628167-post26.html

MF is very close to Chocolat, so I'm hoping this gives you an idea! IMO I really like how dark browns appear in goatskin. The sheen isn't that bad at all; in fact, I prefer it since it doesn't look "flat".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice