guy with face tattoo's accusing me of sending him an empty box

He has quite a few negative feedback for selling fake louis vuitton, and he sells some really cheap things (mop cover for $2, phone case for $5, etc.) because people that buy hats for $500 would bother to sell things for $2 lol. Too bad eBay wouldn't consider this to show he is a "bad guy" (well, they should of booted him a long time ago).

He opened a case and said he already filed a police report (which eBay told me they would require), and he actually escalated the case to eBay just now (so I guess he did really file a police report?). I contacted the two local police stations next to his zip code just to tell my side of the story. The first said they, nor any other police station in NY, would office a police report for something like that. The second said it's a civil case not criminal so they wouldn't touch it.

Odd part is, I've been on his end of the stick...two years ago bought jeans, the guy sent a small box with few pieces of notebook paper and eBay asked for a police report, and I took the box with notebook paper to the police and they held on to it, than called 3 days later to say they have my report ready.

Anything I can do in this situation?

I didn't get the package weighed at the post office, but I did purchase a shipping label for 15 oz and have a copy of this receipt. He said it was an empty box. Maybe if they weigh the empty box and see it's not 15 oz, than logic says there was something in here and he took it out.

I agree that the fact that he has tattoos has no bearing on this situation.

Secondly, can you give us some more information?

- What was it that he bought from you?
- When did he buy it / where was it shipping from and to?
- Did he file through eBay or PayPal?
- Have you replied to the dispute in any way yet?

I have no idea whether either you or your buyer is a scammer. I'm taking what you posted at face value and commenting on it.

He has quite a few negative feedback for selling fake louis vuitton, and he sells some really cheap things (mop cover for $2, phone case for $5, etc.) because people that buy hats for $500 would bother to sell things for $2 lol. Too bad eBay wouldn't consider this to show he is a "bad guy" (well, they should of booted him a long time ago).
Many people use ebay to buy their widgets then when they need to sell, they come back as a seller with items in a different category.

Without seeing his listings and having an expert evaluate the LVs, the allegations and negative feedbacks might be warranted and might be undeserved. More information is needed to assess your hypothesis.

For the most part, I myself use ebay to buy cheap housewares-type items but sell designer accessories myself. I hope that doesn't mean I'm considered to be a "bad guy."

Odd part is, I've been on his end of the stick...two years ago bought jeans, the guy sent a small box with few pieces of notebook paper and eBay asked for a police report, and I took the box with notebook paper to the police and they held on to it, than called 3 days later to say they have my report ready.
When this happened to you, did you buy using the same ID as you are now selling on? And did he use the same IDs to sell the jeans?

Is it possible that either or both of you are engaging in retaliatory tactics?

I didn't get the package weighed at the post office, but I did purchase a shipping label for 15 oz and have a copy of this receipt. He said it was an empty box. Maybe if they weigh the empty box and see it's not 15 oz, than logic says there was something in here and he took it out.
Generally, as long as the amount of postage paid adequately covers the weight of the package, USPS doesn't care whether you've claimed the package weighs 15 oz. or 15 pounds. If you ship a package that weighs 3 lbs and pay for postage for 7 lbs., they won't complain; it's extra money for USPS. OTOH, if you ship a 5 lbs. package but only pay for 3 lbs, you'll be in trouble.

Way more information is needed in this scenario, but just in reading, I get the impression that there are 2 sides to this story.

I agree that we need more info on this case. Why sell something to him if you automatically assume he's a bad person based on the fact that he has lots of negative feedback, sells fakes and cheap items, and has facial tattoos (how do you even know that lol? facebook?)

He opened a case and said he already filed a police report (which eBay told me they would require), and he actually escalated the case to eBay just now (so I guess he did really file a police report?). I contacted the two local police stations next to his zip code just to tell my side of the story. The first said they, nor any other police station in NY, would office a police report for something like that. The second said it's a civil case not criminal so they wouldn't touch it.

Anything I can do in this situation?

You might want to take a breath and start OVER.....

I have no idea what you are talking about.....
can you write in a detailed manner what happened in YOUR case????

Did you sell something????
when and what????
to whom?????

how did you ship it????

was there insurance??????

was this a domestic sale?????

as for the face Tattoos..... I have a few friends that have numerous facial tattoos
as they are tattoo artists and many of my close friends are punk rockers.....
I would trust my tattooed friends more than I would trust most mainstream strait people......

Please never use tattoos as a reason to judge a persons character....

if you read the title is says he is accusing me. which means he is telling the lie.

hat was for $500. wasn't the same guy i bought jeans from and received empty package w/ paper (that guys from Italy and was years ago, this guys from NY).

Face tats because found his criminal records and mug shots w/ google search. Louis Vuitton wasn't one false claim, the neg feedback said "fake, had to get documentations and case for refund". Has a few neg feedbacks for fake Louis Vuitton. I don't see him list LV anymore (could be blocked from selling in that category), his info (paypal email address, phone number) is on several www.ioffer.com posts selling LV (sites known for knockoffs).

if you look at the whole picture: buyer with criminal history, sells fake LV, buys a bunch of cheap items ($10 or less), and the one big purchase for $500 just so happens to be the one with an empty box VS top rated power seller, no history of such acts, sells often more expensive things $4k, $5k (if they did want to pull this, wouldn't they pull it with a $5k item they sold, not a $500?)

yeah, you are right they won't consider his past history in dealing with the case.
And yeah i printed label for 15 oz and yeah, it could possibly mean any box 15 oz or less.
The packet i got from Italy without jeans and 3 sheets of paper weighed exactly what the postage said it weighted, so it was easy for police verify that there probably wasn't a pair of jeans in there. Not sure how they are going to go about this and verify this.

There was a ebay listing that I bought jeans from... the seller apparently got screwed by a false empty box claim and he puts in his listing that now he video tapes himself putting items in boxes, taping boxes, driving to post office and handing over the packages..... but that's not feasible. not sure what else I can do to protect myself.

if you read the title is says he is accusing me. which means he is telling the lie.

hat was for $500. wasn't the same guy i bought jeans from and received empty package w/ paper (that guys from Italy and was years ago, this guys from NY).

Face tats because found his criminal records and mug shots w/ google search. Louis Vuitton wasn't one false claim, the neg feedback said "fake, had to get documentations and case for refund". Has a few neg feedbacks for fake Louis Vuitton. I don't see him list LV anymore (could be blocked from selling in that category), his info (paypal email address, phone number) is on several www.ioffer.com posts selling LV (sites known for knockoffs).

if you look at the whole picture: buyer with criminal history, sells fake LV, buys a bunch of cheap items ($10 or less), and the one big purchase for $500 just so happens to be the one with an empty box VS top rated power seller, no history of such acts, sells often more expensive things $4k, $5k (if they did want to pull this, wouldn't they pull it with a $5k item they sold, not a $500?)

yeah, you are right they won't consider his past history in dealing with the case.
And yeah i printed label for 15 oz and yeah, it could possibly mean any box 15 oz or less.
The packet i got from Italy without jeans and 3 sheets of paper weighed exactly what the postage said it weighted, so it was easy for police verify that there probably wasn't a pair of jeans in there. Not sure how they are going to go about this and verify this.

There was a ebay listing that I bought jeans from... the seller apparently got screwed by a false empty box claim and he puts in his listing that now he video tapes himself putting items in boxes, taping boxes, driving to post office and handing over the packages..... but that's not feasible. not sure what else I can do to protect myself.

Maybe because you are distraught (and I would be too if someone was trying to scam me out of $500) it is not clear what you are looking for here.

The face tats, your jeans empty box story and the fact that he sells cheap things are not really relevant and I think are confusing people.

Perhaps if you could restate your situation focusing on the circumstances of the sale you might get some more helpful responses. How did you ship it and was it insured? What actions has the buyer taken? What actions have you taken?

If you have a stellar ebay record and he doesn't, that will certainly come into play when ebay makes its determinations.

OK.....

You have to detail THIS case and THIS case only.....

So, you sold a $500 hat to a guy.....

You did not weigh it at the post office?????
where did you weigh this????

what kind of hat was it?????? is there an item number ?????

Did you insure the package??????

Did he have to sign for the package????

was this a domestic sale?????

how did you ship it and what type of shipping?????
was it First class???? Priority ??????
was it online viewable signature????

We can only help you if you give us details ONLY on this case/.....

What do jeans from Italy have to do with this case?????

I understand OP is probably stressed and you are trying to help but are all the ?????? necessary?

Yes. In order to be able to provide the best advice for how the OP should proceed, there's a lot of information that's necessary, particularly with a higher value item. Buyer / Seller history, point of sale, method of shipment, and type of claim made are all things that we need to know details about in order to try and resolve the situation.

Yes. In order to be able to provide the best advice for how the OP should proceed, there's a lot of information that's necessary, particularly with a higher value item.

I think LVlvoe_bug was referring to the countless question marks in JustAgUrL's post rather than the questions as such. They maybe make her post come across as somewhat aggressive.

OP, if your buyer says that he filed a police report I would suggest you do the same and file your own. The box may even have been tempered with before your buyer received it.

I understand OP is probably stressed and you are trying to help but are all the ?????? necessary?

I think LVlvoe_bug was referring to the countless question marks in JustAgUrL's post rather than the questions as such. They maybe make her post come across as somewhat aggressive.

OP, if your buyer says that he filed a police report I would suggest you do the same and file your own. The box may even have been tempered with before your buyer received it.

Oh if that's the case, my mistake. And then also, no, probably excessive punctuation won't help us get to the bottom of anything, lol :lol: