Guy buying Neverfull GM -- HELP!

nyfashion212

Jun 10, 2009
Quick question. I have seen a few threads on Guys with Neverfull's but I wanted to ask all of your opinions on something. I recently purchased the Speedy 40 Bandoliere and I want to purchase a Neverfull GM but I am undecided on Monogram or Damier Ebene.

Now, up until last week or so --- I never like Vuitton Monogram....it was sort of...."abused" to me and everyone seemed to have it. Sort of like the interlocking GG pattern from Gucci.

I have been wanting the Damier Ebene Neverfull for some time now and I hadn't really given the monogram a thought...however, now that I look at the Monogram and see some that are soft and have patina'd a bit; I really enjoy them! They are most certainly beautiful.

So my question is...as a GUY ---- which do you think is better or does it really matter? I had someone tell me that a Monogram GM neverfull seems more like a female bag and the Damier seems more masculine. I do AGREE that the Damier Ebene is a bit more masculine on the eye but I'm not sure if I think the monogram is feminine? What do you all think and what do you all think is the best choice?

Go for the monogram! I actually didn't like the monogram design either until I got something from the mono line recently, it gives a great classic look :smile: Now I wish my neverfull was a monogram!

Have you tried them on at the store? I would block out some time to go try them on and really see which look I preferred by staring at myself in the mirror. So far as worrying about the masculinity or femininity of the bag, pshaw! You should be happy and get what you love. You deserve it! :smile:

Have you tried them on at the store? I would block out some time to go try them on and really see which look I preferred by staring at myself in the mirror. So far as worrying about the masculinity or femininity of the bag, pshaw! You should be happy and get what you love. You deserve it! :smile: be sure to post pics when you make your decision!

I saw the mono a lot on japanese guys. that being said, they are overall stylish.
in my oppinion damier is easier to rock than mono. so if youre looking for a back you can just grab without thinking about your outfit i guess damier is the better choice.
then again, thats just my oppinion.

I think it depends more on your style and what you like than how masculine or feminine a bag is. If I were buying for a guy, I would probably chose DE as a safer choice, though.

To be honest, I really do love both of the bags and I don't really care so much that one may be more masculine than the other. I am just having a hard time deciding between the two and needed advice. I think Kokogirl did something rather smart...."If you were buying for a guy..which one would you just naturally be most inclined to choose?"

Both are beautiful, I bought me a damier ebene NF GM first.
I wanted the mono GM to but decided that I would prefer the mono pattern on a bag like the Palermo GM or Totally GM...

I would say Damier as a guy, but like many others have said get what YOU like. Just go to the store try them and and see which ones suits you best!

Happy Shopping :smile:

how tall are you? are your shoulders broad? I ask because I was dying for the DE in the NF and when I got it I was disappointed. I am a small female 5'1" 120 lbs and when I put the bag on my shoulder with a puffy North Face jacket on it wasn't comfortable. When I returned it my SA said the DE was a little shorter in the straps then the mono. I ended up changing for the Cabas Beaubourg ( men's line) in the mono and I love it!!!!!! Good luck

I would do the ebene ! Personally I always hated the ebene and now I love it, I have it in mono and the ebene is my next purchase ! I don't think one is more masculine than the other !