GUSTTO confusion

amybs

May 12, 2007
Hi guys! I have posted this question on a few different forums, so sorry if you keep seeing this one. Anyway, I have been obsessed with the Gustto Baca for a while now and just saw a website called shopzane where I came across a Gustto Persa. LOVE IT!!!! Now, because I cannot get both, I have to choose one. I have no idea what to do so I was hoping someone out there had some info for me. First, do you know which one came out first? Also, I was wondering, if I do go with the Baca, should I get the large or small? The large looks so big to me that it almost takes away from the beauty of the bag---but I need space. :confused1: UGH!!! Sorry but I am really confused and would love some imput. Thanks everyone....

i too have been obsessed with the baca, i have found that there are two sizes. both large...one is 22x13 approx. the smaller one is 18x11 approx. i am finding that alot of places that carry this bag, dont know there are two sizes, and they are charging the higher price for the smaller bag! anyway, activeendeavors.com shows the sizes clearly as does shopbop.com. i am also wondering how heavy this bag is...i thought it was lamb leather which is usually lighter and softer, but am not sure. i want it for more of a tote bag not an every day purse, so i am going for the large one, but if its for an everyday purse, i would go with the smaller size. there doesnt seem to be a huge difference in size.

I have the regular Baca (the small size) and there is nothing small about this bag! You could fit a wallet, waterbottle, book, calendar, keys, sunglasses and even more. The bag is as light as a feather.

It is shaped like a big, fat sausage and ballons as you fill it. Now if you hope to carry a laptop or full size notebooks, this might not work for you, get the bigger one then.

The pic of the bottom might show you the true depth of the bag. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• GusttoBacaBlue-Front2.JPG
    GusttoBacaBlue-Front2.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 106
  • GustoBacaBlue-Side2.JPG
    GustoBacaBlue-Side2.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 77
  • GusttoBacaBlue-Bottom2.jpg
    GusttoBacaBlue-Bottom2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 69
  • GusttoInterior2.jpg
    GusttoInterior2.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 72
Salesrep, I just can't get over how much I love that blue Baca. Gorgeous!!!

Amy, below are some modeling pics of me and my Baca (which is the small size). For daily use, it's plenty big and holds a ton... I'm 5'2" and 140 lbs.

I'm not familiar with the Persa, but I would definitely recommend a Baca. They're awesome.

attachment.php
attachment.php

yea the baca is amazing!!! it is SO light weight and the smaller size holds a TON its very pliable here are pics i took to show the size to ppl and how much it can hold and this is not the large size

this 1st pic you see a giant sweatshirt next to the baca, its a carhartt like XL sweatshirt that i sleep in if its cold its a BIG sweatshirt
151-5190_IMG.jpg

and here is the baca with that giant sweatshirt inside :smile:
151-5191_IMG.jpg

151-5192_IMG.jpg

151-5195_IMG.jpg

Dear Bessie's Red Baca,

If you ever feel like relocating to Minneapolis, you can stay at my place rent-free.

Sincerely,

Steph

(Sorry guys, I know that was off-topic... but I drool whenever I see those pics...)

Dear Bessie's Red Baca,

If you ever feel like relocating to Minneapolis , you can stay at my place rent-free.

Sincerely,

Steph

(Sorry guys, I know that was off-topic... but I drool whenever I see those pics...)

haha you are so funny you have to read what i wrote back to you in the gustto SS posting too :smile:

I [promise if i see any red bacas like mine at this next SS i will pick one up specially as my red baca has told me she thinks she has a cousin whos been DYING to see Minneapolis :smile:

Thanks for all the pictures and responses! I was in LA so I just saw all of this now. I am sold on the baca forsure. Now it is a question of color...;)
I love the black and am not against black for summer but there are a lot of cute colors out there to choose from. That red is hot!!! I also love tobacco color!

Thanks for all the pictures and responses! I was in LA so I just saw all of this now. I am sold on the baca forsure. Now it is a question of color...;)
I love the black and am not against black for summer but there are a lot of cute colors out there to choose from. That red is hot!!! I also love tobacco color! The Persa is on shopzane if anyone wants to look.. It's beautiful too---I'd love to hear what you guys think...

I love your bacas!!! I've been into gustto for a while, but have never gone for one. I really hate the lining, though. amybs, glad you're sold on this one! I would suggest getting a pretty color, but I'm not really for black bags, especially in summer.

I love the black and am not against black for summer but there are a lot of cute colors out there to choose from. That red is hot!!! I also love tobacco color! The Persa is on shopzane if anyone wants to look.. It's beautiful too---I'd love to hear what you guys think...

Don't get your heart set on the red one. Bessie has the only one that we know of.:confused1:

amybs, I think the Baca came out first. The Persa looks like a new style to me. I love it! I'm hoping they'll have it at the Gustto ss in Ny.

Ladysalesrep, I just love that color Baca!

I have the small Baca in Caramel. I love it! I have never seen anyone with it which makes me love it more. I love the color but I have to be careful with it because it's a lighter shade. I have kids and on the weekends I fit a diapees and wipe holder and two snacks in the bag. I don't put a water bottle in it because I am afraid of it leaking, but it's 100% big enough. LOVE IT. It was pricey but I will wear it every summer for 4 years!:roflmfao:

I just got my Baca today! It's amazing...so squishy and perfect. I agree with all of you...that lining certainly leaves something to be desired, but I forget all about it when I look at the purse! I got the regular Baca and I can't imagine needing more space. It's HUGE! Now I want another one! I am really out of control. That makes 5 new purses in 8 days! My last one's scheduled to arrive tomorrow! Someone help me!