Gulp...I just put my name down for a Fall 06 Chanel

I got a call saying the red Mademoiselle clutch is in. And I think a black Mademoiselle flap. I need to go look. I'm leaning toward the red flap. But if I love the clutch, then I might get that and the huge sack...decisions decisions.

chinchillamoose said:
I got a call saying the red Mademoiselle clutch is in. And I think a black Mademoiselle flap. I need to go look. I'm leaning toward the red flap. But if I love the clutch, then I might get that and the huge sack...decisions decisions.

Please post when you get the chance chinchillamoose. Love to hear your opinion on the latest. TIA

I went to Chanel today. So, in the look book, the color designation for Mademoiselle bags is "coral" but the picture shows a red bag. In real life, the the coral is a color that can best be described as "tomato bisque with a little bit of cream in it." It's not quite red, not quite rose, not quite salmon or coral (not that orangey). It's a complex, muted shade. I was expecting the red that was in the look book, but I do like this coral color so I got the clutch. I don't have a digicam so photos will be forthcoming.

And I put my name down for the patent leather bag. That comes in small, medium, and large--the large is what was seen on the runway and runs $1995. The medium is $1295 and my SA said it will probably be about the same size as my Spy. I didn't ask how much the small was because it sounded like it'll be too small. It's kind of a half-circle shape with a notch cut out under the chain strap so you can carry it over your shoulder. In the photo, the bag was flat, but I was told the sides will slouch down when you carry it.

Other yummy things I noticed: green ostrich flap (soooo gorgeous); double flap bags in bronze and in silver; white and python Cambon bowler; assorted black on black Cambon bags; assorted Lux bags in red, black, denim, and coral; the diamond stitch bags in a shoulder bag and a messenger style; Mademoiselle flap in black.

If you got to the SF boutique, have Trisha help you. She is really great and I'm glad that she helped me with my purchase. I feel comforatble because I get the sense that she understands my style. Also, she totally gift wrapped my box for me without my asking!

Congrats on your clutch!!! I can't wait to see pictures. :love:

The patent leather bag sounds interesting, I don't remember seeing that in the look book, I look forward to seeing a picture of you wearing it!

Can you tell me a little more about the double flap bags in bronze and silver?

I've spoken with Trisha on the phone before! She was so friendly and helpful, I would love to go down to the store and meet her soon - I want to take another look at the mademoiselle flap.

Thank you! I'll attach the photo of the patent leather bag (left photo)--this would probably be the 'large' one.

The double flap one looks like the photo on the right from the Purse Blog, but in metallic colors (The silver might have been grey suede, though. It was hard to tell...) The leather was something other than lambskin that wasn't completely smooth. The flap had some sort of a fringe around it. The quilting might have been square instead of diamond. Sorry! My head was in the clouds when I looked around...

Trisha is seriously the best. Which means I'll buy more Chanel than I can afford!

Attachments

• patentbag.jpg
    patentbag.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 83
  • chanel_metallic_double_flap_handbag.jpg
    chanel_metallic_double_flap_handbag.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 84
Hi Chinchillamoose,
Congrats on your clutch purchase - i wonder if the clutch is the same design as the first mademoiselle design. I bought one in black in January which was of the last collection.

Your coral sounds beautiful, would love to see pics of you carrying it.
Loved the way you described the color earlier.