Guilloche hardware? Your opinions?

1. Hi everyone!

What's YOUR opinions on guilloche h/w? I can't work out if I love it or hate it (and I'm usually quite decisive!!). Is it trying to look like diamond h/w without the diamonds? Would YOU choose it for your bags?

Cheers!

2. Hi Kristie, I think it looks best on a plain black Boxcalf Kelly.

3. for a special occasion bag, yes. and def. w/ a regular leather since the hardware is already so "busy". but for an everyday bag, no.

4. no i simply do not like it . it has its appeal but something is "wrong" with it for me

5. Ditto

6. I would have to agree here^.

If not the black box Kelly I would really have to see it on the bag. It can get to be too much.

7. For me, ONLY on a black box rigide small Kelly (not a 32cm) :smile:

8. Does anyone have a pic of what guilloche hardware looks like? I'm not familiar with it.:shame:

9. There's a Kelly on eBay right now... :smile:

10. I personally love the guilloche hardware, but only on the classic black box kelly. I think it gives the class that BOOM

11. I prefer hardware as simple as the bag itself. The guilloche hardware isn't hand-filed, is it?

I do like guilloche work on some things like cutlery or jewelry.

12. I think this guilloche hardware is a bit too "busy" for me. It's nice when I look at it upclose but then when placed on a bag, it just looks "off" to me somehow ...

13. Yes - I have to agree KK, this is exactly my feelings, but I couldn't put my finger on it!!:smile:

Thanks everyone - I guess the Kelly with the Guilloche h/w on eBay has to go to someone else!! - thanks for your help!!

14. Oh that's too bad - that's my Kelly for sale (I think the one you are referring to). I think the Guilloche hardware is AMAZING, and you don't see it very often. :love:

15. Smooth, I would've bought it but I got the call about my Birkin the same day you offered this bag to us. It's so beautiful and I wish I could snag it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice