Guidance please!

Kiakaha

Jul 16, 2017
Hi All,
I just bought a classic medium flap (caviar, ghw). I have a similar WOC which I love and use all the time but I’m having doubts how much use I’d get out of the classic. I’m within my return period. I always wanted one but now think perhaps I should rethink and get a different bag. Money is tight for me- this was a 40th self gift and also in memory of my mum and aunt. I don’t know if a nice watch may be better??? How much wear do you get out of your flap bags and how often/ wear do you wear them please? Thank you for any advice!
(I’m also aware prices are going up and that a Chanel classic is likely to hold value better than a watch or jewelry). Thanks for any help! ☺️

I rotate my bags quite frequently but I use my flap bags quite regularly. Before you return it, I would just make sure it’s not something you’re going to keep lusting for; and therefore, you’ll have regrets.
I’m so bad with decisions! I just don’t know how often I’d get to use it - I love it but I believe in using items you own or why own them? It’s just so tricky- especially if I change my mind then prices go up ‍♀️ Thank you for sharing that you do manage to use your flaps regularly. ☺️

Classic flap is definitely not my "go to everywhere" bag but I do use it quite often. At first I thought that I'll use it only for the evenings, special occasions, with high heels all dressed up etc. but it also looks really great with flats and more casual outfit. But if you are about to feel guilty that you have it and don't use it every day, maybe just return it. I know that a lot of people don't like the Boy and thinks that it's both not classic, and not trendy anymore but it's IMHO more versatile piece so maybe get a Boy instead?

Hi , if money is tight for you , you might want to return ? As the classic flap is not cheap . For my classic flap , I do bring them when I go shopping , high tea with my friends . I do have WOC as well . WOC is my supermarket and run errand bag .
Ask yourself do u need a bigger bag like classic flap or a mini size like WOC is enough for you ? if you keep classic flap , you can consider selling your WOC too .
For me , watch is a better choice and better value . you can see a basic Rolex . I think they keep their value much better than chanel .
No matter what decision you make , follow your heart

If you are thinking whether you should return the classic flap, does it also mean that you don't really love it and want to keep it.

Perhaps a nice watch such as the JLC reverso will be a better option. It can take you from day to night. It tells time and you can always wear it and engrave your mum's name.

As for classic flap, I mostly use it for a short period of time such as running errands. When I have to be out for quite a long time, I would carry the reissue instead coz its much lighter and comfortable.

Reactions: MahaM and Kiakaha
Classic flap is definitely not my "go to everywhere" bag but I do use it quite often. At first I thought that I'll use it only for the evenings, special occasions, with high heels all dressed up etc. but it also looks really great with flats and more casual outfit. But if you are about to feel guilty that you have it and don't use it every day, maybe just return it. I know that a lot of people don't like the Boy and thinks that it's both not classic, and not trendy anymore but it's IMHO more versatile piece so maybe get a Boy instead?
Thank you! I love it (love my WOC) but just like to know I’ll get use out of it. That’s what worries me! Appreciate your input. Thank you! ☺️

Hi , if money is tight for you , you might want to return ? As the classic flap is not cheap . For my classic flap , I do bring them when I go shopping , high tea with my friends . I do have WOC as well . WOC is my supermarket and run errand bag .
Ask yourself do u need a bigger bag like classic flap or a mini size like WOC is enough for you ? if you keep classic flap , you can consider selling your WOC too .
For me , watch is a better choice and better value . you can see a basic Rolex . I think they keep their value much better than chanel .
No matter what decision you make , follow your heart
Thank you. I inherited quite a bit but I’m so cautious with money. I am grateful for your views. I use my WOC a lot and love the crossbody. I know the classic flap is an investment and I cold outside it away but I’d love something I will use. I guess that’s the question. Will I get use out of it? I don’t go many places to use one (PhD student and teacher). That’s what made me think of a good watch. I guess it doesn’t matter if I buy something that loses value like most items If I get good enjoyable use if it. Mum always said think about price per wear.
I love the bag but don’t know when I’d use it. That’s the crux of this dilemma. (I’m bad at decisions! And if I return it this week, I think the prices may have fone up already so Id be mad to then pay more for it if I change my mind). Thank you for listening and sharing opinions.

Reactions: Cocolim
If you are thinking whether you should return the classic flap, does it also mean that you don't really love it and want to keep it.

Perhaps a nice watch such as the JLC reverso will be a better option. It can take you from day to night. It tells time and you can always wear it and engrave your mum's name.

As for classic flap, I mostly use it for a short period of time such as running errands. When I have to be out for quite a long time, I would carry the reissue instead coz its much lighter and comfortable.
Thank you too! I think I should have wxplored other options but I don’t wish to go into London with COVID (return by mail) but can’t but by distance. I think maybe you are right, with others, that a different bag or a watch may be a better choice. Needs to be something I truly love and will use.

Thank you. I inherited quite a bit but I’m so cautious with money. I am grateful for your views. I use my WOC a lot and love the crossbody. I know the classic flap is an investment and I cold outside it away but I’d love something I will use. I guess that’s the question. Will I get use out of it? I don’t go many places to use one (PhD student and teacher). That’s what made me think of a good watch. I guess it doesn’t matter if I buy something that loses value like most items If I get good enjoyable use if it. Mum always said think about price per wear.
I love the bag but don’t know when I’d use it. That’s the crux of this dilemma. (I’m bad at decisions! And if I return it this week, I think the prices may have fone up already so Id be mad to then pay more for it if I change my mind). Thank you for listening and sharing opinions.
If it’s not about money . Then I Guess it’s anot a must to return .
maybe you try to think , will you want the bag 1 day again ? If yes , you should keep it . Their price for classic will keep increasing . Take care dear :smile:

I don’t know! I do use mulberry shoulder and le pillage so I think yes.
I just checked. I paid £4600 and the bag is now £5300 so part of me is thinking I should keep it. This time next year if I haven’t used it, I could sell it for what I paid at least.
Was thinking of th Gabrielle hobo but now I’m even more baffled. I have 10 days left to decide! Thank you for making me think :smile:

This is a tough choice. I personally love both watch and bag. I know I will eventually get a Rolex watch one day. It's the only watch I ever want and I know the resell value is great as well. However, I keep putting it off because I don't wear watch that much anymore. I always end up getting Chanel bags instead lol :biggrin:
Yes, Chanel just had worldwide price increase in May and they usually do one in October/November every year (yikes!) :nuts: Med CF is a classic and great size to have. Yes, you can still sell it next year if you want to and you know the price will just keep going up.