Guess what is insid the package?

boracaysun

Oct 13, 2008
A buyer wanted to return an item she bought from me OFF ebay. I actually had it listed. But I took the auction down so we can do a private sale. This would be the second item she will buy from me. So I did her a favor. Took the listing down, waited a week before she could actually pay me. She is also a seller on eBay.
After receiving the item, she said she wants to return it because it is not the color she likes. She wants the entire amount refunded to her, including the shipping she paid for which is $20. I told her in the beginning that shipping cost are usually non-refundable. But just to appease the customer, I finally said fine, i will refund the entire amount including shipping.
I got the package back today, half an hour ago.
This is how it looks like. Guess what this item is?
P1040400.jpg

Its a Balenciaga City RH pictured below. Which I shipped in a box carefully.
I am so upset! I love my items! I take care of them. I would even stuff them with tissue inside sometimes if it means it will keep its shape. Even if it will cost more in shipping. I will make my own box so I don't squish them in smaller boxes. It is just beyond me how someone can do this even if they don't like the item. RESPECT! If you are truly a lover of handbags, I expected something better than this.

P1040132-1.jpg

Pretty colors! Is the bag damaged? That's just wrong. Just because she doesn't like it, doesn't mean this bag is crap or something. She should have treated it with respect.

And no more selling off ebay, k? bad boracaysun ;)

The item now has a lot a creases on places it shouldn't have...like the handles. Coz it was like rolled then placed inside the plastic bag.
I have done private sales before from return buyers. And have done a lot of favors. I have accepted returns with open arms. And would even offer a few dollars off their next purchase if it was due to my own negligence or whatever. Never had a problem with returns.
But I have just never come across someone who would trash a brand new item like this.

Definitely forget the shipping refund. I wouldnt deal with her again on or off ebay. Offer her the item back or a refund minus shipping and a fee for damage, tell her its because you cant resell it for what you wanted now.
You didnt go through ebay so you pretty much have the say in what you want to do about. Block her on ebay too just so you can prevent having this happen again.

Since this is a private sale, she will lose a SNAD. I would not give her a full refund and I would not refund her shipping. This is a terrible thing for her to do. Who would ship ANYTHING like that? She obviously doesn't care.

Geez, I can't believe she shipped the bag like that. I would also knock some off of her refund-especially if the bag shows damage! Be sure to block her from buying from you on eBay in case she's one of those that what's to 'get back at you'.

Please don't refund her shipping. Ugh...

Agreed. Especially after the way she shipped it..

Had this purchase been on eBay I can see why you might want to please her but this is an off eBay transaction. She can't leave you bad FB and filing with PP wouldn't get her anywhere. She doesn't deserve a full refund or a refund of her shipping. I bet she thought she could get away with it.