guess what i just did...

Feb 8, 2007
i can't believe it...i made an agreement with my husband to not buy a new bag for a year in exchange for getting a bag that i love...well, i just ordered the prada gauffre with a braided leather handle and a cross body detachable strap...it's the most expensive bag i've ever owned (am waiting to get it and then decide if i feel too guilty to keep it!!!)...but that means no bags for ONE WHOLE YEAR!!!! have any of you ever made that kind of deal?!?!?!
would love some feedback!
thanks!:wlae::wlae::wlae:

Wow!! You can do it (I have and currently am!!) :smile: Congratulations on the new bag ;)

I didn't refrain because of a deal - only because I ain't got no monayyyyy! lol

I think I would have rather made the deal, did the time..LOL, then bought the bag. Kinda like a huge reward. I'm suppose to be on a semi ban (only buying bags with what money I have in paypal from selling bags) and then I get my Gryson in the Fall. I am just not sure I am going to want it by then. And I am so worried that I will not like it once I get it.

I think it is a splendid idea. I think we should get more pleasure and use out of our handbags, instead of flitting from one romance to the next. It is exhausting! Enjoy your seriously fabulous handbag.

Yes I have...everytime I buy a new bag! First I'll talk him into it and then as my finger hovers above the send payment button....he'll say no more purses for the rest of the year! And then I agree...until I see something else :smile:As you can see, my purse ban has been temporarily put on hold at the moment. I have a really hard time with commitment.

Hmmm....I wonder if I could do it? I am not sure. If I found the right dream bag it would definitely be an incentive.I do think it is a great idea though. I am thinking of just enjoying the bags that I have right now and giving them the wear they deserve. It does seem like when a new bag comes in the others get shelved for a while. I am going to give this one some thought. Keep us posted

lol i'm on a worse self impose ban than u (see my ticker :biggrin:). i tell myself i've not use much of my current bags and so it's only right to use them more before i commit to another new bag. i do hope i can make it :yes:

I make deals like that all the time. Fortunately, my darling husband has zero memory (he couldn't tell you what he had for breakfast this morning), so the deals never last long. Recently, I bought a Balenciaga, and told my husband I would sell some of my other purses to pay for it. I have now almost kept that deal, but my husband has clearly forgotten about it because he is asking me what new bag I'm going to buy with my ebay money. I dearly love that man!:heart: