guess what i just did...

It isn't that hard if the one bag that you buy is something that you truly love. I only allow myself to buy one bag a year, so it can be done. Good luck with your purse ban! I'm sure you can do it!

<< have any of you ever made that kind of deal?!?!?>>

Yes! And it is a deal that has never been kept lol. My dh has a short memory thank goodness and never holds these kinds of things over me.

i love the responses i'm getting! sometimes i think i'm the only one that goes through this stuff...anyway, i have to keep this deal...over the years dh has been really patient with me and i've made all kinds of deals and broken them...this year, however, i have to keep the deal...it's also not like i don't have any other bags...in the past 4 months i've gotten a gustto, a bulga, a hayden harnett and a kooba...so, all told, it's not like i'm deprived...i think it's just the feeling of being "shut off" that makes me feel, hmm...anxiety is it??!?!?

I could do it if there was one bag that really did it for me.

Just think of the time you free up in the next year instead of hunting online for the next great bag! You could write a novel or start a new hobby or read some great books or learn to sky dive.

Change is good and I hope that bag is all you wish it to be.

It does make sense to consider the quantity of bags and the amount you are going to spend in advance. Rather than thinking about it as a bag ban it might be easier thinking about it in terms of what you will reasonably want and use in a year . Then, abiding by your plan and not becoming an emotional buyer. There are sooo many gorgeous bags out there these days and it is easy to want alot of them. BTW, I am thinking out loud here. I know and believe all this, I just have not put it into practice yet. Thanks for getting me thinking. I may try this myself:shrugs:

I do agree with ladysalesrep195. I could probably do a little more reading and am looking forward to starting bikrim yoga soon.