Guess what I got? INSTANT REVEAL!

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys! I went to Jeffrey in NYC yesterday (http://jeffreynewyork.com/ ) with my good friend Sheree, and I left with a new Celine! I didn't really expect to buy anything......BUT I was shocked and elated to see a SMOOTH CAMEL MINI sitting there on the shelf!!!! I have been dying for a mini in Camel, but most places were sold out of this gorgeous color. I prefer the smooth leather to the new drummed leather, so this bag is perfect for me! I am so excited! Modeling pics to come soon!

***TWO THINGS....

FIRST....the amazing sales guy Oskar told us that new smooth minis for 2012 were structured to prevent the sagging issues of the past. In other words, the bottoms of the new 2012 smooth minis were reinforced so that the bottoms won't sag anymore. I compared the bottom of my new 2012 camel mini to the bottoms of my older smooth black mini and cobalt mini, and sure enough, the bottom of the 2012 Camel is harder and thicker. I didn't know that! Good to know! Anyone else notice this?

SECOND....what should I spray my new Camel smooth mini with to protect it? I think the general consensus is that the collonil nanopro spray is the safest, and best in preventing water stains and color transfer??? Anyone else with Camel please chime in, and thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile: Also there were a few scratches on the smooth leather of the bag, what do you all use to buff that out? Leather conditioner? Thanks!!!!

Well....here she is!!!
celinecameldustbag.jpg

Celinecamelmini.jpg

celinecamelback.jpg

celinecamelminibottom.jpg

Congrats on your beautiful Camel mini! Did you decide against getting a phantom (I was just reading your other thread)?

I was wondering about the bottom of the new smooth mini I received from Nordstrom. When I was comparing it to my Palmeleto mini, I noticed the bottom was more structured even though the rest of the bag was softer. I think it's a great change!

Congrats on your gorgeous bag, :heart:the smooth leather!

I condition my smooth minis with Obenauf's since it conditions, waterproofs & prevents scuffing. I've even carrying my smooth navy for about 3 months now and no scratches so far. I use Apple Garde & Collonil on my drummed minis.

I condition my smooth minis with Obenauf's since it conditions, waterproofs & prevents scuffing. I've even carrying my smooth navy for about 3 months now and no scratches so far. I use Apple Garde & Collonil on my drummed minis.
Is it the Obenauf Leather oil that you use? Thanks!

Congrats on your beautiful Camel mini! Did you decide against getting a phantom (I was just reading your other thread)?

I was wondering about the bottom of the new smooth mini I received from Nordstrom. When I was comparing it to my Palmeleto mini, I noticed the bottom was more structured even though the rest of the bag was softer. I think it's a great change!

THANK YOU! Yes, I decided the phantom was not for me, I think it's too wide or my taste. Also it feels more like a tote bag with the open top, whereas the mini seems more like a structured handbag. :biggrin:

Oh thanks, I will try to find that product! My camel mini already came with scratches so I guess all I can do is condition it. Will the scratches appear less if I do that?