Guerlain vs Hourglass, can only get one

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
I'm interested in trying the Hourglass ambient lighting powder in either diffused or mood, or the Guerlain meteorites. Which would you recommend? If your choice is meteorites, which color should I get? Are these products too similar to justify getting both?

I have pale skin with a slight olive undertone.

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
Another question I had regarding both products, how long do these wear? Given the price of them I would not want to be carrying them around. Are they both something that would need to be reapplied often throughout the day?

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and the Emilio Pucci for Guerlain meteorites. Personally I use them for completely different reasons.

-The Meteorites I use to highlight, otherwise I feel my face can look a little too glowy if I use it all over.

-The Hourglass powders I use as a setting powder, they are wonderful. I wore a mixture of two (Dim and Incandescent) for New Year's Eve and it lasted from 6pm-2am, no shine came through! I just had a natural soft look with a teeny bit of sheen from a highlighter I used.

If I had to choose between the two, I would go for the Hourglass powder. But I can't say they're meant for the same purpose (just my opinion), so I wouldn't necessarily compare them :shrugs:

Reactions: YazlindaYazid

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
Thanks for your reply! I ended up splurging and getting the hourglass in diffused and the meteorites in 02. Can't wait to try them.

Glad to hear about the ambient powder lasting so long.

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
I just ordered the Meteorites last night - I am very excited to try them! I have not heard of the Hourglass powder... I am going to check it out!

I hadn't heard of meteorites until I started researching what ambient lighting powder to get. The were often compared in reviews. From my understanding the meteorites I ordered would be most like the mood powder. I'm excited to get them. They should be here Monday.

Classygame

O.G.
Mar 17, 2011
I haven't tried the meteorites (but I'm dying to!). I got the Hourglass ambient lighting trio, and LOVE IT. The combination of the three powders works perfectly for me, and it gives an airbrushed look to my skin. I top everything with a setting spray, and it lasts all day.

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
I've found with both that I don't like the way it looks when I put them all over my face. I use them as highlighters on my cheekbones. They are interchangeable to me. I could have just got one.