Guccissima web hobo arrived - now what to do

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi Everyone!!

So my pre-lived black guccissima hobo arrived but I'm a little sad. I do really like the bag but some of the Gucci imprints in the front are sort of "worn down". I'm not sure if its a big deal, so I wanted to get your opinions. I tried to take come pictures to show you all.

Photo of "worn" Gucci imprint towards the center

image-464793952.jpg

Photo of deeper imprints at top

image-245798158.jpg

Close pic of "worn" gucci imprint

The back looks fine, strangely, I would assume that's where more wear would occur

Attachments

• image-3928341063.jpg
    image-3928341063.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1067357238.jpg
    image-1067357238.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3617628401.jpg
    image-3617628401.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image-769432217.jpg
    image-769432217.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3169691513.jpg
    image-3169691513.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
heidiandchloe said:
What a cute bag! Can you notice it when you carry it? It looks like you wouldn't be able to notice from a distance.

Hi!

It actually folds exactly in the area where it's worn, so I guess you can't really see it (maybe why it's worn??)... It's such a cute bag, confused :/

Very very cute! Love it...Are you talking about under the gold bar? I can see it in the pics but it sure how it would've gotten worn down in the front unless it was like that at the time of purchase? I would say if it bothers you and you can't fully enjoy the bag, return it....

LVlvoe_bug said:
Very very cute! Love it...Are you talking about under the gold bar? I can see it in the pics but it sure how it would've gotten worn down in the front unless it was like that at the time of purchase? I would say if it bothers you and you can't fully enjoy the bag, return it....

Im just wondering if I'm being silly and it's not a big deal - I mean, it was less then half of the original price so it was a good deal, and I'm sure I will get over it, but I just wanted to see how others would feel.

Thanks so much for your help!

Im just wondering if I'm being silly and it's not a big deal - I mean, it was less then half of the original price so it was a good deal, and I'm sure I will get over it, but I just wanted to see how others would feel.

Thanks so much for your help!

It's a cute bag and a little wear is natural for leather. For less than half the price I would run with it! ;) just my 2 cents...

I like this bag, but if you don't love it you should return it. It doesn't matter how great a deal you got if you're not comfortable wearing the bag.

+1

I've used the price on a bag to justify keeping it and in the end I ended having to go through the hassle of selling it. The price doesn't matter if you aren't happy. Contact the seller immediately to politely request a return.

Manchoo78 said:
I like this bag, but if you don't love it you should return it. It doesn't matter how great a deal you got if you're not comfortable wearing the bag.

Hi Manchoo78,

I completely understand what you are saying. The thing is I really like the bag, a lot actually. This might be the most comfortable bag I have ever owned. I just wanted to know if people thought the imprint in front being light was a big deal. I don't own many guccis, so I was just curious.

Thank you so much for the post!

JadaStormy said:
+1

I've used the price on a bag to justify keeping it and in the end I ended having to go through the hassle of selling it. The price doesn't matter if you aren't happy. Contact the seller immediately to politely request a return.

Hi jadastormy!

Was it a situation where you didn't like the bag or the bag was defective? I LOVE the bag, I am just trying to figure out if it's a big deal that the imprint is light in the center. Just wanted to get other's opinions since I'm not super familiar with Gucci.

Thank you sooo very much for the post!

Hi jadastormy!

Was it a situation where you didn't like the bag or the bag was defective? I LOVE the bag, I am just trying to figure out if it's a big deal that the imprint is light in the center. Just wanted to get other's opinions since I'm not super familiar with Gucci.

Thank you sooo very much for the post!

Hi,

It wasn't a Gucci bag, it was LV and it reaked of cigarette smoke that the seller didn't disclose. Because the price was reasonable I justified keeping it. I tried to remove the smell, and after weeks of trying different methods I removed the smell but was over the bag because of the orderal and spent another month or so trying to get it sold. I ended up making a small profit which made me feel better.

If you really love the bag and you're ok with price you should keep it. Since you got a good deal if you do decide to sell it in the future you can probably make a profit or break even.

JadaStormy said:
Hi,

It wasn't a Gucci bag, it was LV and it reaked of cigarette smoke that the seller didn't disclose. Because the price was reasonable I justified keeping it. I tried to remove the smell, and after weeks of trying different methods I removed the smell but was over the bag because of the orderal and spent another month or so trying to get it sold. I ended up making a small profit which made me feel better.

If you really love the bag and you're ok with price you should keep it. Since you got a good deal if you do decide to sell it in the future you can probably make a profit or break even.

Oh gosh, smoke smell is awful!!! Well I'm glad you got it out but I'm sorry you didn't love it afterwards :sad: yeah, I purchased from yoogis closet, so it would have been easy to return but I put my stuff in it with an iPad and more things than I usually carry and it was sooo comfortable, the strap distributes the weight really well. Plus it's not like the gucci logos are missing, they are just more faint, had they been missing, I wouldn't keep it. I just researched how much they were selling for on other websites and it was 300-400 more than what I paid (clearly in less used condition)- so I decided to keep it :smile: thanks so much for your help!!