Guccissima web hobo arrived - now what to do

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
BagAddiction712 said:
Ive been considering this bag...it looks great! How do you like it so far?
Hi!

The bag is amazing. Some of the print on mine is light- and I was contemplating not keeping it, but the functionality of this bag is too good to give up. Seriously, the most comfortable bag I think I own and when it has enough in it, it's hangs really nicely- you may go searching for stuff in the bag since it can hold so much, but it seems like a really great bag. Other then the imprint being a little light in one area, the bag looks great, so I think it wears well too. I hope that helps!!

Oct 17, 2012
New York
Hi!

The bag is amazing. Some of the print on mine is light- and I was contemplating not keeping it, but the functionality of this bag is too good to give up. Seriously, the most comfortable bag I think I own and when it has enough in it, it's hangs really nicely- you may go searching for stuff in the bag since it can hold so much, but it seems like a really great bag. Other then the imprint being a little light in one area, the bag looks great, so I think it wears well too. I hope that helps!!
Thanks so much for your reply!

Oct 17, 2012
New York
Hi!

Also, I'm glad to hear you think it wears well, I'm hearing this a lot of the gucci leather. More than likely ill be making this my first gucci bag!

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
BagAddiction712 said:
Also, I'm glad to hear you think it wears well, I'm hearing this a lot of the gucci leather. More than likely ill be making this my first gucci bag!
Hi, I will warn you that the leather on this bag is different than most guccissima. You will read that a lot on this forum. The leather is thinner, so it was a concern for me, but it looks like the bag holds up..the one I purchased was definitely loved lol ;) I did compare it to my only other guccissima bag and its not as smooth or thick, but its still very nice leather.Possibly this is why the price point is better.

Hope you get one and if you do, please post a reveal :smile:

Oct 17, 2012
New York
Hi, I will warn you that the leather on this bag is different than most guccissima. You will read that a lot on this forum. The leather is thinner, so it was a concern for me, but it looks like the bag holds up..the one I purchased was definitely loved lol ;) I did compare it to my only other guccissima bag and its not as smooth or thick, but its still very nice leather.Possibly this is why the price point is better.

Hope you get one and if you do, please post a reveal :smile:
Thanks that's good to know, it may be thinner because its a hobo style bag. I know the canvas on my hobo style LVs is thinner than the more structured ones. But as long as its still a great quality it wouldn't bother me so much. Thanks again for your help!

4purse

O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
United States
Hi Everyone!!

So my pre-lived black guccissima hobo arrived but I'm a little sad. I do really like the bag but some of the Gucci imprints in the front are sort of "worn down". I'm not sure if its a big deal, so I wanted to get your opinions. I tried to take come pictures to show you all.

Photo of "worn" Gucci imprint towards the center

View attachment 2067209

Photo of deeper imprints at top

View attachment 2067210

Close pic of "worn" gucci imprint

The back looks fine, strangely, I would assume that's where more wear would occur

If it bothers you then it's a problem. It's been my experience if something bothers me right away about a bag it just gets worse over time. But if its a good enough deal$$$ maybe you will over look its inconsistencies. I must say I had this exact bag and loved it but the logo never wore off...but then again I do baby my bags. Good luck:cool:
Posted via Mobile Device

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
If it bothers you then it's a problem. It's been my experience if something bothers me right away about a bag it just gets worse over time. But if its a good enough deal$$$ maybe you will over look its inconsistencies. I must say I had this exact bag and loved it but the logo never wore off...but then again I do baby my bags. Good luck:cool:
Posted via Mobile Device
Hello and thank you! I decided to keep it. I'm not gonna lie, it does bother me when I carry it, but I really love the purse. The thing is, although i could buy it at full price, I don't like spending that much money on one purse when I have so many. So I acknowledged how comfy and useful the bag was, and the fact that I wouldn't probably want to spend too much more to own it, and knowing how much more they sell for used, I decided to keep it -phew that was long, lol.

Interestingly enough yoogis didn't even state anything about the print, so I don't know if they priced accordingly or not, but it was very reasonable considering how much they seem to sell for used in my research.
Posted via Mobile Device

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi Everyone!

So I decided to moisturize the leather with some apple care product and I think it helped a bit :smile: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1364483230.847344.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1364483269.498272.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1364483284.933668.jpg

Fljill

Mar 27, 2013
My fav bag!!! 100% hands down!! Mine is a tad different with the bradded straps but I love this purse! It goes with everything, it's so comfortable, I don't know why I ever moved out of it! Oh yes I do because its a little big and I needed to clean out the garbage! Best purse ever!!! It's beautiful and it will last forever!! You go girl!! Great buy!

Mar 23, 2013
Just got this one, but it is an older version though. (See the different on the flap) I got it for $330 and it is in very good condition, clean and no scratches.
Do you think it is a good deal?
Wonder if anyone still carrys this older version. Do you think the old version flap looks odd?
I also noticed that Gucci changed the leather to the thicker kind now, so the GG print is more obvious. As you see the GG print on my almost invisible from a distance.
Do you think that is why I could get it for this low price?
On the functional side, it is a very good bag, the strap is very comfy and stays well.

Attachments

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
My fav bag!!! 100% hands down!! Mine is a tad different with the bradded straps but I love this purse! It goes with everything, it's so comfortable, I don't know why I ever moved out of it! Oh yes I do because its a little big and I needed to clean out the garbage! Best purse ever!!! It's beautiful and it will last forever!! You go girl!! Great buy!
Thank you!!:biggrin:

I realized it was amazing when I put in my iPad and it was STILL comfy!

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Just got this one, but it is an older version though. (See the different on the flap) I got it for $330 and it is in very good condition, clean and no scratches.
Do you think it is a good deal?
Wonder if anyone still carrys this older version. Do you think the old version flap looks odd?
I also noticed that Gucci changed the leather to the thicker kind now, so the GG print is more obvious. As you see the GG print on my almost invisible from a distance.
Do you think that is why I could get it for this low price?
On the functional side, it is a very good bag, the strap is very comfy and stays well.
I think it looks great and I can see the gucci logo just fine... That's a great deal from what I can tell!

Maybi

Love A Good Shopping
Nov 19, 2012
Cali-Cali
I see what your saying, it would bother me esp. it's in the front regardless the crease when worn. Try to contact the seller if this wasn't disclose. Pre- loved or not u should have the option to decide beforehand it this was disclosed. Good luck!