Guccissima Pelham hobo

Yes!!! I saw your thread first and then saw it at NM the next day....I love this bag! I also saw it in off-white and camel which I was considering but I'm a black bag fanatic. I think the size is perfect, too. I really wanted the icon bit hobo but it was way too big (I'm only 5'2") although I LOVE that style, too. Wish they made it smaller.

So you think its worth it getting it now rather than waiting? I think it was $1750. Is that right? It's a lot but I think it'd be one of the most functional bags I'd own.

Mosoupy: they do have icon bit hobo in medium size.. have you try that as well? I saw it in canvas version on the NM website.. maybe they will have the guccissima version in store??

You're talking about this bag:
Gucci1.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z222/KathyKx3/GuccionFloor.jpg

I tried this bag on this weekend and it is gorgeous! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. :girlsigh:

Mosoupy: they do have icon bit hobo in medium size.. have you try that as well? I saw it in canvas version on the NM website.. maybe they will have the guccissima version in store??

The icon bit hobo I tried was the "medium" size. I didn't know it came in different sizes. Do you think there's a smaller size? If I saw it in the guccissima, I think I wouldn't mind the size so much, because I love that leather!

The icon bit hobo I tried was the "medium" size. I didn't know it came in different sizes. Do you think there's a smaller size? If I saw it in the guccissima, I think I wouldn't mind the size so much, because I love that leather!

I never try it in real life.. but I got this pics from NM website.. are you sure you try the medium size? since based on the dimension.. the medium is even smaller than the pelham hobo...

neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NMV0DMV_mn.jpg this one is medium 11"H x 13 7/10"W x 5"D.

neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NMV0DMW_mn.jpgthis one is large15 7/10"H x 14"W x 7 4/5"D.

I never try it in real life.. but I got this pics from NM website.. are you sure you try the medium size? since based on the dimension.. the medium is even smaller than the pelham hobo...

neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NMV0DMV_mn.jpg this one is medium 11"H x 13 7/10"W x 5"D.

neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NMV0DMW_mn.jpgthis one is large15 7/10"H x 14"W x 7 4/5"D.

I actually bought the icon bit hobo from BF but returned it (it's there right now if anyone wants it!). I think it's the style. When you see both of them IRL, the icon bit looks bigger than the pelham. I think it's the depth of the bag. The size itself is not really a problem because I like big bags (I fit my stuff in it perfectly). It's just that it "looked" enormous on me. I have a little bit of regret, though, because I love the shape of it. If I find it again at a bigger discount, I might get it again, and especially if I see it in the guccissima, but I think I really like the classic shape of the pelham a bit better.

Mo Soupy, first congrats on your bag, it is very pretty. Secondly, I wanted to say you said something VERY important a few posts back:

one of the most functional bags I'd own

That is all you need to say to know to KEEP it :biggrin:

I haven't seen this in a smaller size, but honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I am definitely NOT a person who likes big bags, and this one doesn't bother me at all. My husband HATES big bags, and even he likes this one (which is amazing all by itself because he also knows how much it costs -- he should have detested it before it made its way out of the shopping bag!).

I just measured it (since I'm carrying it again today despite the fact that I've worn it the last four or five days in a row, something which I NEVER do), and it's something like 14" across and 11" high.

This is one great bag, ladies. For those of you on the fence, go for it!

Mo Soupy, first congrats on your bag, it is very pretty. Secondly, I wanted to say you said something VERY important a few posts back:

one of the most functional bags I'd own

That is all you need to say to know to KEEP it :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice!! I couldn't agree with you more!! But just to let you know, I didn't get the bag yet. I went to Nordstrom's yesterday to see if they had it (my Nordstrom's doesn't carry Gucci but they looked it up for me) and they have 9 more left in all Nordstroms. And for some reason, they're selling it for $1800 but they said they'd price-match Neimans and sell it for $1750. I'm so close to getting it...if only it was $500 less at least, I'd feel less guilty...