Gucci wallet purchase

Kazushi

Jun 11, 2012
Today I bought a black gucci long wallet with chain. It was $577 after tax. I had done lots of research on wallets for my fiance. The wallet she used before was a Coach fabric wallet and it was on its last legs. I liked this wallet because the leather seemed to be pretty nice and it also had a chain attachment so that you can also use it as a clutch. That is the feature that drew me to the wallet because of its versatility. $500 is a lot to spend on a wallet but I had researched other brands in the same price range or below and I did not like them as much as this one. I really liked the chain feature and I think that is what persuaded me to get it. One problem that may occur is that the wallet is expensive so the woman will be reluctant to use it for its intended use and be worried about being all careful about taking care of it. So I may be in the same situation as before where we need to get a cheaper, every day wallet that you're not so worried about getting dirty. It does look like a nice durable wallet though and it is black leather so maybe there will be no problems with that.
The salesman that helped us out was very nice and down to earth. We bought it at the Macy's in Manhattan near Times Square. My fiance asked if the employees worked for Macy's or for Gucci. One of the salesman was very snooty and said "hahah gucci" it was funny because his voice was so arrogant.
Maybe later I will try to upload pictures. And review it in detail with woman's help.

I'm not sure what you are actually asking but your thread possibly belongs in the Gucci forum.

Wallets are surprisingly expensive compared to bags considering the size but wallets are very labour intensive and hence the high prices.

The chain on your fiance's wallet is a good idea as she can wear it as a mini bag including the evening

Anyway I have 4 Gucci wallets 2 croc, 1 python and a Guccissima leather. It's not that I have a fetish for wallets, it's just they never really wear out (and the python one was irresistible). I do keep mine in the side pocket of any large bag and that helps to cut down on it being banged around. The most important thing is not to over-stuff any wallet, there's not point in keeping heaps of expired receipts and business cards in there or handfuls of heavy coins. Otherwise I can see her easily using the wallet for years and years.

What a lovely fiance you are :tup:

wallet are meant to be used! If they're well quality, they will stand the test of time and will look great even after years of use.
You just maybe have to condition the leather every year

I also bought a long leather Gucci wallet on a chain. I keep it in a zippered pocket in my bag to prevent scratching, otherwise I use it every day. Seems very well constructed. The only con is that I find it a little heavy.

The sales associate said that there was no need to treat a wallet because it is pre treated at the factory. I dont know if I believe this though because I was in the army for years and to take care of our leather boots we had to polish them often to help protect them from the elements and wear. Is there a leather conditioner that is good for a leather gucci wallet?

The sales associate said that there was no need to treat a wallet because it is pre treated at the factory. I dont know if I believe this though because I was in the army for years and to take care of our leather boots we had to polish them often to help protect them from the elements and wear. Is there a leather conditioner that is good for a leather gucci wallet?

Ha! You are right and the SA has obviously had too much sun ;).

A clean (the lightest of damp soft cloth) and polish once a year will take tare of a wallet with only the tiniest amount of non-chemical leather fat/cream. As you will know from your boot shining days, it's the elbow-grease that makes the difference so rub lightly but tke your time and do it thoroughly. Don't spray it with any chemical spray protector spray as you will never be able to moisturiser the leather properly again.

As you will also know from your boots, wearing leather also protects as a natural barrier forms from normal weathering and daily use.

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci-reference-library/gucci-care-cleaning-faqs-671670.html

:salute:

if your fiance was with you when you bought it then she would have said if she would be scared to use it rather than let you spend all that money on something she only uses for special occasions...?