Gucci vs Bottega Veneta.

I suppose the Guccisima fits a more "casual" attire/look, while the Diamante has a timeless, elegant look, more formal/business suit+tie type of bag. Right? Maby the Diamante is too formal for everyday use?
I never use a suit to work (or anytime actually), so maby Guccisima is best? But I do like the stiff leather on Diamante better than the soft leather on Guccisima. I suppose the Diamante is more durable, and will keep the shape better than Guccisima. Any thoughts?

I have and adore both brands (as you know). For a man, the Gucci diamante print is the best all-round. the BV looks nice but their briefcases for men don't usually have much organisation inside and you don't get the shoulder strap. Unlike their women's bags BV men's are not suede lined.

However, if you are looking for the very lived-in look then perhaps go for BV it will 'relax' quicker than both the others. Knowing the some of your wardrobe, I'm not sure if that Italian 'aged' look is so you as you seem to like clean lines and crispness but I could be wrong...:thinking:

I have and adore both brands (as you know). For a man, the Gucci diamante print is the best all-round. the BV looks nice but their briefcases for men don't usually have much organisation inside and you don't get the shoulder strap. Unlike their women's bags BV men's are not suede lined.

However, if you are looking for the very lived-in look then perhaps go for BV it will 'relax' quicker than both the others. Knowing the some of your wardrobe, I'm not sure if that Italian 'aged' look is so you as you seem to like clean lines and crispness but I could be wrong...:thinking:
You'r right. I'm not so enthusiastic about "rough" and "aged" bags. I am more fan of the elegant bags, and the Diamante leather seems quite stiff and durable. My only concern is that the brown color looks a bit red, but it's maby just the picture.

The Gucci Guccismma would be my first choice and I'm not a logo buyer but I like that one the best and I, too, own both brands and love both. From my experience, nothing wears or compares better to Gucci leather. I "wear" my bags and they are tough and still look awesome! That says a lot about a company's craftsmanship!