Gucci velvet marmont questioning

DESPOINAGR

Mar 22, 2018
Hello ladies,
I felt in love with the blue gucci marmont in blue velvet but i am not sure if it would be a good investment. I mean that Gucci bags tent to be more trendy and not to be around for many years. I also have a Dionysus in my collection and i think that they both would be more ''it'' bags. What do you think?

Attachments

• SMALL MARMONT.jpg
    SMALL MARMONT.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 494
Thank you for the quick response! Totally agree I have the velvet Jordaan loafers and i really don't enjoy them because i have to be very carefull! But i think that suede make the bag look more luxurious(especially in that color)!
Luxurious only when new.
After regular season use
Trust me you wont want to take her out
Luxurious look there are so many other options

Reactions: DESPOINAGR
Hello ladies,
I felt in love with the blue gucci marmont in blue velvet but i am not sure if it would be a good investment. I mean that Gucci bags tent to be more trendy and not to be around for many years. I also have a Dionysus in my collection and i think that they both would be more ''it'' bags. What do you think?
I disagree with the others. Two of my good friends have the Gucci Marmont bags in velvet. One has it in a petrol blue type of colour and the other one has a black one. They have had them for over a year. They don’t use them everyday but they do use them quite a bit. The velvet is perfect condition still.

Big misconception that velvet is not durable, it is as long as you don’t chuck it around and make sure to store it properly with stuffing. Also try not to use it when it’s pouring rain.

Velvet is more about how the owner looks after it then the material itself. Obviously shoes in suede and velvet would be much more difficult to keep clean as they touch the ground. :smile:

I got this bag a few weeks ago & i haven’t worn it out yet but i’ve seen it in several fashion editorials. I have the red velvet & the color is very rich & you do not get that at all with the gucci marmont leather bags(i have the white studded marmont). That being said, if it is your first gucci bag, i would go with the leather. I use mine constantly & i’ve have it since its release in fall 2016 & it’s still in good condition.

Reactions: DESPOINAGR
I disagree with the others. Two of my good friends have the Gucci Marmont bags in velvet. One has it in a petrol blue type of colour and the other one has a black one. They have had them for over a year. They don’t use them everyday but they do use them quite a bit. The velvet is perfect condition still.

Big misconception that velvet is not durable, it is as long as you don’t chuck it around and make sure to store it properly with stuffing. Also try not to use it when it’s pouring rain.

Velvet is more about how the owner looks after it then the material itself. Obviously shoes in suede and velvet would be much more difficult to keep clean as they touch the ground. :smile:
Thank you very much for the quick response! Your comment was very helpful! Yes, velvet shoes are so hard to be kept in good condition that i really do not enjoy them that much!

I got this bag a few weeks ago & i haven’t worn it out yet but i’ve seen it in several fashion editorials. I have the red velvet & the color is very rich & you do not get that at all with the gucci marmont leather bags(i have the white studded marmont). That being said, if it is your first gucci bag, i would go with the leather. I use mine constantly & i’ve have it since its release in fall 2016 & it’s still in good condition.
Thank you very much for your comment! Yes, it is my first Gucci marmont bag so i think to go for leather! What size is your leather one?

Thank you very much for your comment! Yes, it is my first Gucci marmont bag so i think to go for leather! What size is your leather one?
I have the studded marmont in the medium size in white leather. The leather is in excellent condition(i don’t use leather conditioner). I’ve worn the heck out of this bag since its debut two yeare ago & it looks pretty great(besides the color transfer on the back that no one sees!). The interior is suede.

Attachments

• E047F776-894D-4ADD-87C4-95D3BCD896A1.jpeg
    E047F776-894D-4ADD-87C4-95D3BCD896A1.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 34905F93-0383-4E12-BE95-DA61B760A520.jpeg
    34905F93-0383-4E12-BE95-DA61B760A520.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 277