Gucci Vault - Anyone Know What This Is?

Fashion412

Jul 2, 2017
Has anyone received the promotion email regarding the "Gucci Vault" launching at the end of September? I'm so curious if they will bring back some of the original styles from Alessandro Michele or even older styles before he was CD. I would love it!

I think they haven't decided themselves :lol:

"Gucci"

"Today"

It might be AM heyday styles, but I thought those were called Re-editions

The perennials are called Gucci Beloved (older-classic styles)

I'm going to the Aria collection event this week - next week's 'Vault' can look after itself till then, coz I may have no money left :winkiss:

I think they haven't decided themselves :lol:

"Gucci"

"Today"

It might be AM heyday styles, but I thought those were called Re-editions

The perennials are called Gucci Beloved (older-classic styles)

I'm going to the Aria collection event this week - next week's 'Vault' can look after itself till then, coz I may have no money left :winkiss:
Touché !!!

So Gucci vault is Gucci selling vintage and preloved Gucci items online.

They had/have some nice pieces.

It's not the first time as a few years ago Frida tried to introduce the same but in-store at flagships. I almost bought a 1990s Bamboo TH but every time I looked at it, the price went up. Bit like the new stuff these days.

Gucci Vault is clever because they'll help set the market value of those pieces. They know resale prices help push new products too.

It's not the first time as a few years ago Frida tried to introduce the same but in-store at flagships. I almost bought a 1990s Bamboo TH but every time I looked at it, the price went up. Bit like the new stuff these days.

Gucci Vault is clever because they'll help set the market value of those pieces. They know resale prices help push new products too.
Couple of bags I liked were sold out in an instant.

I really like how they did this. They are refurbishing the bags (at least it is done by Gucci, the original manufacturer) and providing a story with them. Definitely stands out from the consignment and Fashionphile-like experience.

I think Gucci realized how much money was being made currently by resellers of Vintage Gucci and decided to tap in. I don't have an issue with what they are doing with the exception of the customizing of the bags. I don't think they need to be "refreshed" as they say in their description and as a person whom has sold to the Gucci Archives for the last 3 years I spoke with someone from the Archives yesterday and they expressed that they have no idea why they are doing this. I wonder what these pieces are selling for, I've tried to find some information but couldn't and everything was sold out.

You are correct! very clever. I have approximately 600 pieces in my collection and recently attempted to have Heritage Auction House appraise it (for insurance purposes). I was told that my average appraisal for each piece would be between $600-$800 and in my opinion that was very low beings though I have museum quality pieces and a few pieces that are only know to exist in my collection (says the Archives). Hopefully these prices will give a solid example of what the pieces in my collection are worth.

I think Gucci realized how much money was being made currently by resellers of Vintage Gucci and decided to tap in. I don't have an issue with what they are doing with the exception of the customizing of the bags. I don't think they need to be "refreshed" as they say in their description and as a person whom has sold to the Gucci Archives for the last 3 years I spoke with someone from the Archives yesterday and they expressed that they have no idea why they are doing this. I wonder what these pieces are selling for, I've tried to find some information but couldn't and everything was sold out.

Prices were just close to retail for what they'd sell the same new.

So way above your insurance estimate (which I was given to understand should be for replacement value anyway).

There'll be more put up.

Reactions: Vintagegucciguy
Prices were just close to retail for what they'd sell the same new.

So way above your insurance estimate (which I was given to understand should be for replacement value anyway).

There'll be more put up.
how's it going papaertiger!? I think I'd like to start a thread for my collection. I'd love for you to see some of the pieces I have... I know you'd really appreciate them.