Gucci Suede Dionysus

Aug 5, 2016
Hi everyone!
So I'm thinking of getting the Gucci Dionysus in suede. But I'm concerned with how well the suede will hold up? If I touch it too much (bc of the oils from my skin) or I happen to get caught in the rain with it, do you guys think the suede won't look as brushed? If anyone has this bag, please let me know how it's holding up or if you guys have any tips and pointers. Thank you!

Does the baby brush work all the time? lol idk if I should wait for an all leather bag

I saw the new leather Dionysus bags today. The leather is full natural grain calf and should be very durable. I tried the green, amazing colour and with crystal hardware hardware. They all have a cotton-linen lining though and it is lighter than the suede (both large).

Reactions: AnnieSuperFemme
Hi everyone!
So I'm thinking of getting the Gucci Dionysus in suede. But I'm concerned with how well the suede will hold up? If I touch it too much (bc of the oils from my skin) or I happen to get caught in the rain with it, do you guys think the suede won't look as brushed? If anyone has this bag, please let me know how it's holding up or if you guys have any tips and pointers. Thank you!
I don't own the solely suede Dionysus but I do have the GG supreme Dionysus with beige suede and I will say that little marks have shown up on the suede parts (like lipstick and oil) and are incredibly difficult to get out. It is still an amazing bag though!

I don't own the solely suede Dionysus but I do have the GG supreme Dionysus with beige suede and I will say that little marks have shown up on the suede parts (like lipstick and oil) and are incredibly difficult to get out. It is still an amazing bag though!
I have one too, the mini one. I've been nervous about wearing it. We have had tons of rain, but hopefully soon I can wear it. I hate stains, but I do use hand cream a lot.
How do you get lipstick out? Yikes!
I won't be putting any lipstick loose inside, just in a makeup case.

I saw the new leather Dionysus bags today. The leather is full natural grain calf and should be very durable. I tried the green, amazing colour and with crystal hardware hardware. They all have a cotton-linen lining though and it is lighter than the suede (both large).

I am borrowing the thread a little bit.

Papertiger: do you know if the all leather Dionysus in emerald green comes in the small and mini size this season? I can't find them neither at gucci.com nor any other online store. And my Gucci store only had the large size in stock and had no reliable information at all..

I am borrowing the thread a little bit.

Papertiger: do you know if the all leather Dionysus in emerald green comes in the small and mini size this season? I can't find them neither at gucci.com nor any other online store. And my Gucci store only had the large size in stock and had no reliable information at all..

I've only see a Medium so far, though Gucci actually call it 'Small' on line (actual measurements = W28cm x H17cm x D9cm). When the Dionysus came out there was only a Large and Medium. The size I saw was the same as the first Mediums I tried on then. Hope this helps.

I've only see a Medium so far, though Gucci actually call it 'Small' on line (actual measurements = W28cm x H17cm x D9cm). When the Dionysus came out there was only a Large and Medium. The size I saw was the same as the first Mediums I tried on then. Hope this helps.
I want this bag: http://www.mytheresa.com/en-de/dionysus-small-leather-shoulder-bag-737490.html
But it is sold out at Mytheresa and nowhere to be found :sad: Do you know if it is available anywhere online? where did you see it in store?

The biggest size was in my Gucci store and it was gorgeous! but too big for me :sad:

I want this bag: http://www.mytheresa.com/en-de/dionysus-small-leather-shoulder-bag-737490.html
But it is sold out at Mytheresa and nowhere to be found :sad: Do you know if it is available anywhere online? where did you see it in store?

The biggest size was in my Gucci store and it was gorgeous! but too big for me :sad:

That's the one I wanted too but I've decided it's too close the my python Malachite 1973 with G-detail (AW2011 and looking pristine).

Are you in the UK? They were holding it it for me in Bond St

Reactions: Kmora
That's the one I wanted too but I've decided it's too close the my python Malachite 1973 with G-detail (AW2011 and looking pristine).

Are you in the UK? They were holding it it for me in Bond St

Thank you! I am in Sweden but I could either call them or e-mail them tomorrow, they might be able to deliver to Sweden if I pay in advance :smile:

I'm a green leather fan so I've been watching out for the green leather Dionysus and so far this season I've seen three sizes/style variations.
All have green crystal embedded in the metal clasp.

Good sized WOC style 20 x 13 x 6cm
green guc2.jpg
greenguc22.jpg
Medium - adjustable chain
greenguc3.jpg green guc33.jpg

Bamboo top handle with Web shoulder strap
green guc 448075_CAOHN_8979_001_070_0000_Light-Dionysus-leather-top-handle-bag.jpg
green guc00.jpg
Any other variations?

Last edited by a moderator: