Gucci Soho Disco

gems4me

Jun 13, 2006
I want to thank all those who have posted pictures and advice on the Soho bag. I have wanted this bag for a long time and tonight I bought an off white, new with tags off Fashionphile. I am usually a midsize bag lover but something about this bag has me. I do not like chain strap bags; I have a Chanel I purchased many years ago that hasn't seen daylight since I purchased and carried for about a month.
Thank you again for all the great information.

Reactions: snibor
That's lovely, congratulations to you (I know exactly what you mean about full chain straps although my Gucci interlocking has them as well as most of my Chanel)

Do we get to see it/mod pics? (Please :graucho:)

Reactions: gems4me
Congratulations!

I have received one in black just before new years, my first Gucci. While its a nice bag I'm trying to convince myself it works for me. I'd read about how roomy it was for a small bag but I'm struggling to fit the minimum I carry. I did get it at a good price (approx US$720) but I'm still unsure. It seems to flip upside down when I first pick it up.

Reactions: Fijigal and gems4me
Congratulations!

I have received one in black just before new years, my first Gucci. While its a nice bag I'm trying to convince myself it works for me. I'd read about how roomy it was for a small bag but I'm struggling to fit the minimum I carry. I did get it at a good price (approx US$720) but I'm still unsure. It seems to flip upside down when I first pick it up.
I got mine in November and agree about it flipping upside when you pick it up (annoying) but I still love mine. Always wanted a black crossbody and this caught my eye. Does carry my essentials. Love Gucci so much now that I got the Soho medium and can't wait to use it! Hope you're loving yours now!

I returned it actually, don't think it's for me. Just didn't carry enough. Reconsidering buying it again for a second try but I just don't think it fits as much as people say. I use my Pandora mini alot and that's a bag that fits everything but the kitchen sink though it is a deceiving size.
Still thinking on it...

I returned it actually, don't think it's for me. Just didn't carry enough. Reconsidering buying it again for a second try but I just don't think it fits as much as people say. I use my Pandora mini alot and that's a bag that fits everything but the kitchen sink though it is a deceiving size.
Still thinking on it...
Have you considered a different color even? I had ordered black first, but it didn't "wow" me. I returned it and got red and can't stop looking at it. I love the days I can carry it (hard right now with all our rain). I may go for rose beige later, but red is so perfect for me because it is the perfect red! I don't notice my bag flipping over a lot, but maybe this is because of what I carry? I don't know.

It wasn't the colour. I thought the bag itself was beautiful it just didn't carry what I needed it to. And when I had the bare essentials in it I had to rearrange it every time I wanted to get to anything.
Was just awkward. Would have preferred it just slightly larger and it would have been perfect.

I'm sorry for changing the topic slightly, but I was told at a Gucci store that the Soho disco bag was being discontinued. This was three weeks ago. They weren't able to say what (if anything) would be replacing it. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

I've read this in quite a few threads on the forum, apparently the marmont is replacing it and the Soho will still be made but only in the three main colours not seasonal colours. There's more information in other threads.

I've read this in quite a few threads on the forum, apparently the marmont is replacing it and the Soho will still be made but only in the three main colours not seasonal colours. There's more information in other threads.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. The way they presented it at the store was that the soho disco was completely out of the picture. Thanks for clearing that up!