Gucci Soho Disco vs LV Croisette

Gucci Disco or LV Croisette

• Total voters

Badbaghabit

May 10, 2014
I’ve come to realize I prefer crossbody bags for regular days out though those are far and few between lately. I’m currently debating between the LV croisette and the Gucci soho disco bag. I’ve thought about the disco bag for years but never bought it because something else would catch my eye. My concern with the croisette is how the metal lock will look in a couple of years - tarnished, scratches etc. Which one would you recommend and why? I plan on keeping this bag for a while and wouldnt want it to look dated in a few years. I’m also going to post this in the LV forum so feel free to ignore if you replied there ☺

I currently have a couple of Chanel rectangle minis, a Chanel WOC, an old LV pochette accessories which I use with a long strap and my trusty leather Longchamp Le Pliage crossbody. I know I can count on you guys to help me decide

67194303-5286-492F-BC67-91BBE4A7018B.jpegEE47AD84-F970-42E2-AA0C-2D41BE0DD896.jpeg

I'd go for the Croisette out of those two bags.

It has a lot more to offer, I think. It can elevate an outfit in a way the Soho Disco can't - even though I think it's a pretty good bag and definitely a classic one. But I won't expect either of them to look dated a few years from now.

Also, if you have been thinking about the Soho Disco for so long but never actually bought it, perhaps it was because you just don't like it enough to pull the trigger? Just because a bag is popular, doesn't mean it's the right one for you.

I purchased the soho and disliked how flimsy it felt. There is no structure to the bag and youtubers say it gets worse with use. I do have the Croisette and adore it. Will it get scratches? Yes! I call those beauty marks as it shows the bag has been used and well-loved. I also figured that if the bag gets too bag with scratches then I can take it to have the hardware repaired/replaced. I know a lot of people keep the protective sticker on it for as long as possible but I’ve also heard this can deteriorate the metal and when you do eventually peel the sticker off it can leave all kinds of residue. IDK for sure if this is true or not though, just what I’ve heard/read. The Croisette is very deceptive too on how much it can hold. As the canvas relaxes you can even stuff a little more in it but it will get heavy if you put too much in it. I like it because I can dress it up or down as well. With all that said I am also carrying it today!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had Croisette and exchanged for Alma BB. I also bought the Disco. I prefer the zipper top opening on the Disco vs flap on Croisette. The Gucci is a much better value than the LV and holds more. I would choose Disco unless you really prefer a more structured bag as the Disco softens with use.

Reactions: Love_N_Lune
The Disco holds twice as much but I don't care for this bag. I have it in red but don't like the lining, the fact that it has no structure, and the excess strap flaps about without a stay.
I just gave my Croisette to my teen granddaughter. It holds the bare essentials, is very cute but rugged. I liked it but I have so many bags and I am weak when it comes to that girl.
I vote Croisette.

Reactions: dropsofjupiter
I vote for the Gucci Disco. It's just such an iconic piece, I really love it. It's so casual, chic, yet a bit rock n roll, and it's a very easy-to-use bag.

LV Croisette is cute, but it is too "proper" and preppy for my taste. I'd rather choose the Pochette Metis.

Reactions: Tote Ali
What did you decide @Diorlvlover ?

I have a Soho Disco (the soho was the entire line not bag model) and it's a great little camera bag style in leather. No way would I swap it for coated canvas.

If YTbers say it doesn't hold it's structure they may not be familiar with the properties of most leather. Leather and suede often softens over time (unless heat-pressure stamped) but the SD will always remain camera bag shape. The fact that it is made inside out and then turned around also softens its shape.

Will it look dated? You could say bags look dated a season after they come out or you could equally say a classic's a classic.

Reactions: snibor
Gucci disco! I would recommend any other coated canvas lv pieces. The croisette just seems so basic without the function of other basic lv oieces (speedy, neverfull, Alma...). People learn to appreciate the natura softening of leather.

I'd go for the Croisette out of those two bags.

It has a lot more to offer, I think. It can elevate an outfit in a way the Soho Disco can't - even though I think it's a pretty good bag and definitely a classic one. But I won't expect either of them to look dated a few years from now.

Also, if you have been thinking about the Soho Disco for so long but never actually bought it, perhaps it was because you just don't like it enough to pull the trigger? Just because a bag is popular, doesn't mean it's the right one for you.
I have both and I agree. Ive also gotten off market straps for the Croisette that really change it up. I tend to use my Soho only for travel. Love them both for different uses. Due to limitations id go with the Croisette first. I will say though that my Gucci is my very fave small bag that I have.mine still looks good but I have seen some that do not. That depends upon the user.

Last edited: