Gucci Soho Disco versus Louis Vuitton Alma BB

vivari

Oct 7, 2014
I've been looking to buy a smaller bag for everyday outings. I was pretty set on a black Soho Disco until a friend suggested the Alma BB since it holds its value better and it seems like it's easier to dress up for fancier occasions (which I would probably get in Epi Noir if I buy), even though I wasn't a fan of the Alma shape initially, I'm starting to warm up to it after seeing a lot of the mod pics here on the forums. I don't wear smaller bags often so it wouldn't be practical for me to buy both, now I'm just stuck on which to get and hoping to get some advice from the ladies (and gents) here. Tia!

Oh I was deciding between these two exactly too! I ended up choosing the Gucci, because I thought it was actually more flexible to dress up and down than the Alma. Plus I might be in the minority here, but I don't love the look of epi leather on the Alma (or coated canvas and vernis for that matter).

My vote is for the soho disco bag. I have it in black and absolutely love it! my sister even bought it in gold after seeing me wear mine all the time. I do like the look of the lv alma as well and would consider adding it to my collection in the future but if i could only have one, its the soho disco hands down. That said, they're both beautiful bags so whichever you choose will be gorgeous. goodluck! :smile:

Reactions: celine666666
I vote for alma bb! The alma has been around for ages and it's timeless. I can't exactly say the same thing about the disco. I feel like the disco is more of a "now" bag than the alma.

Good luck deciding!

I vote for alma bb! The alma has been around for ages and it's timeless. I can't exactly say the same thing about the disco. I feel like the disco is more of a "now" bag than the alma.

Good luck deciding!

While I agree the Alma is a timeless/classic bag, the Alma BB is not. In fact, I'd say these mini bags are very much a "now" bag and imo will not be classics.

The Disco is a camera bag and they most certainly are timeless and classic :smile:

I do like the look of the Soho but I vote for the Alma. It's just a better bag. It will last you a decade. It's a classic style (even in its dwarfed version). And it doesn't go on sale!