Gucci Soho Disco Peeling after 1 year

Bibi_C

Sep 19, 2020
Hi TPF,

I purchased a Gucci Soho Disco last year in October (approximately a year ago). To be honest, I haven't really used this bag much (took it with me on two trips), however, the piping at the top corner of the bag has started peeling.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar issues with this bag - is this a defect or just normal wear & tear?

Thanks everyone!

122852519_375432493672675_4895604578402734900_n.jpg

122829419_667843494171299_2742270054642402556_n.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: pandorabox
My friend's Disco had the same issue, but she was kind of rough with it. imo I have to agree this is not that noticeable.

My friend had a black one too and found a leather shoe cream/wax covered it nicely.

Reactions: Bibi_C
I'm still enjoying my soho disco even though the tassel has frayed everywhere, and don't even get me started on the color transfer issue :hrmm: But I decided that it would be my beat up bag, so that's what it is and I've made my peace with it.

Reactions: papertiger
I’ve had my red soho disco for a year and it looks brand new. That said, I baby my bags. It looks like you may have scraped the edge against something. Hopefully the leather conditioner will do the trick.

Reactions: pandorabox
Hi TPF,

I purchased a Gucci Soho Disco last year in October (approximately a year ago). To be honest, I haven't really used this bag much (took it with me on two trips), however, the piping at the top corner of the bag has started peeling.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar issues with this bag - is this a defect or just normal wear & tear?

Thanks everyone!

View attachment 4890850

View attachment 4890852
Oh crap! Is that what peeling looks like? I never knew that. I have that on one of my MK bags, similar style and I have used it daily for several months. I had no idea.... :sad: