Which one is more timeless?

• Gucci soho disco

Votes: 49 56.3%
  • YSL lou camera bag

Votes: 38 43.7%

• Total voters

MiaKing

Sep 15, 2019
I'm looking to buy camera style bag and I can't really decide... it has to be black, that's all I know, which one is more timeless in your opinion? which one holds better over time? I like gucci pebbled leather because it will not show the scratches easily and the logo is less in eyes (because the same color) And at the same time I feel like YSL is a little more classy so it would be easier transition from daytime to evening bag but more prone to scratches. I also feel a little like Gucci is everywhere. I have a capsule wardrobe so I would love to limit bags. my style is more casual.

Reactions: amary18
I have wanted the YSL Lou camera bag for awhile, but every time I watch videos on YouTube or read reviews they seem to have negative things to say about the quality. The top complaints I've seen are that it sags quickly and that the leather is easily scratched. I just can't justifying that bag. Now, I will say that the YSL Mini Lou seems to have much more positive reviews and I did recently purchase one of those in grey (the leather is pebbled so it is less likely to scratch, but it is smaller than either of the bags you listed). The quality seems so-so, but it is cute. I have a Gucci Soho, but it is in patent leather, so I can't speak to the leather of the current bags. I understand your apprehension that the bag is everywhere, but I do feel it is popular because it is a solid bag in a classic shape. And you can always turn it so the logo is facing you if the GG's bother you/feel too everywhere. If Gucci being everywhere bothers you, then you might not be willing to carry it that much and you would be wasting money. Ultimately, you have to choose what best works for your style/personality.

I have both. I‘ve had my YSL Lou camera bag for almost 3 years and luckily I haven’t had any problems with sagging or scratches. I use it frequently and although I don’t baby my bags, I also don’t abuse them and I’m somewhat careful. I like both the Disco and the Lou equally. I think the Lou has a little more pop to it. I dress casually almost always and I love the pop that the YSL Lou adds to shorts and a t-shirt. I think I like the shape of the Disco a bit better. The Disco is more squared than the Lou which has more of a rectangular shape. The Disco leather is softer and dents in where it lays against the body but that doesn’t bother me. Hope this helps a little. They’re both great bags.

I have Soho and I had YSL Lou. I also have LV Saintonge. I was going through camera bag stage.. LOL.
All bags have their pros and cons, its what you can live with..

Of the 3, my favorite is LV but if I had to choose between Soho or YSL, obviously its Soho since I sold my YSL Lou. YSL Lou was a beautiful bag and it is casual and dressy and can transition from day to night. The main reason I sold it was because its prone to scratches and because the quilts were puffy, where you wear against your body, over time, does deflate a bit. I think bc of it I never reached for it and didn't want to worry about it. I did also purchased but returned the YSL Mini Lou. It has grained leather so would assume it was hard wearing but it was too small for my needs.
Soho is very casual and its very hard wearing. I've had it for going on 2 years and wore it most weekends and show very little wear - I do highly recommend stuffing it when not in use to keep shape.
All 3 bag does dent on side since they are mostly worn crossbody I don't think that can be helped. Also, where I live (GA) I see a lot of YSL Lou and Gucci Marmont and I never see Soho or Saintonge, maybe not as popular.

Reactions: jbags07
I have the soho and also had the lou. While I like the lou better aesthetically speaking as I find it more polished and sleek looking, I have to agree that there are some issues with this bag. I used it consistently for about 3 weeks, and the leather on the top, on either sides of the zipper, started to slightly pucker and I could tell that after extended use it would start to sag. After time the soho disco can also start to look a bit deflated if you're not careful, so I would definitely encourage stuffing it. I like my soho disco, but I don't love it. It doesn't have a wow factor, but it's a good everyday bag to wear if you just need to grab something and go. It also fits quite a bit, moreso than the lou I'd say. Due to the practicality of the bag, the soho has stayed in my collection while I no longer have the lou.

Reactions: jbags07
Thanks all of you for the answers! I love yls lou but I'm a little concerned about the quality and how long it will last looking decent. Well, still have to think then...

Just curious of what did you end up purchasing. I am torn right now between Gucci Soho bag vs the YSL Mini Lou.

I ended up with ysl lou camera and just sold it a month ago. I really liked it but the zipper was so very hard to open and close that I kept my bag open all the time. I'm probably just spoiled by lv bags. Their zipper works like a charm especially in pa. I just bought toy loulou. I'm still considering mini lou though. Just wonder if the zipper is as hard as in camera

I ended up with ysl lou camera and just sold it a month ago. I really liked it but the zipper was so very hard to open and close that I kept my bag open all the time. I'm probably just spoiled by lv bags. Their zipper works like a charm especially in pa. I just bought toy loulou. I'm still considering mini lou though. Just wonder if the zipper is as hard as in camera
How do you like the toy loulou so far? I have two small loulou bags but thinking of the toy.

I like it very much! And it's so darn cute! It's small but exactly what I needed just to fit my phone, lv key pouch as a wallet, car keys and a lil bit of room left in case I need somethingelse. How do you like your small? How is it holding up? I'm not really sure about the chain plus I really like that strap is removable in toy. Also before price increase I thought that toy was relly worth it and while I'm still sure it's worth it it's just not a bargain anymore;)

Reactions: Jeepgurl76