Gucci Soho Disco or GG Marmont small matelassé?

Gucci Soho Disco or GG Marmont small matelassé?

• Gucci Soho Disco

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • Gucci GG Marmont Small Matelasse

Votes: 41 55.4%

• Total voters

xbabii

O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
Hey everyone! Looking to purchase my very first Gucci bag and in need for opinions!

Right now I am debating between the Soho Disco or the GG Marmont small matelasse. I would be using this bag as my going out/running errands bag. Usually just carry my every day needs for it. I don't want it to be too big because it'll be pretty empty with a card case, LV key pouch, lotion, hand sanitizer, lip balm, and mints.

I love how simple the Disco bag looks. And if I choose the disco, I'll need help on choosing red or black.
I also like how the GG marmont look, but the chain part of the strap bothers me a little.

I would love your opinions on both bags. What are your pros and cons for each! Much appreciated!!

NMV3KHH_01_m
NMV1CRW_mu.jpg
NML6RGJ_mu.jpg

The Marmont is also amazing in red! How do you decide as they are both so good. I love the quilting and the logo on the Marmont but the pebbled leather on the Disco bag is very nice. I think I would purchase the Marmont in red, I have seen it and love it and I like the chain. Good luck!

Would you elaborate on your concern about the metal chain? Is it the aesthetics of mixed leather and metal, concern of metal rubbing against the leather, or metal tarnish in the long run? Personally I like the metal chain, as the hardware accents make the bag stand out more.

Would you elaborate on your concern about the metal chain? Is it the aesthetics of mixed leather and metal, concern of metal rubbing against the leather, or metal tarnish in the long run? Personally I like the metal chain, as the hardware accents make the bag stand out more.

From previous experiences on chain straps, they seem to tangle on me a lot. Tangle as in like get stuck together and I'll have to dangle the bag to get it untangled (if that makes sense)

The Marmont is also amazing in red! How do you decide as they are both so good. I love the quilting and the logo on the Marmont but the pebbled leather on the Disco bag is very nice. I think I would purchase the Marmont in red, I have seen it and love it and I like the chain. Good luck!

I agree! I have too many black bags because I find them easier to match with everyday wear. However I am very drawn to the red. Maybe I'm afraid for the Marmont the scratching of the leather?

From previous experiences on chain straps, they seem to tangle on me a lot. Tangle as in like get stuck together and I'll have to dangle the bag to get it untangled (if that makes sense)

Interesting... I understand but I don’t have experience with chain shoulder straps. Perhaps others can chime in on this. :idea:

If I go Soho I am leaning towards the red, it really pops in that color, and the black seems a little dull to me, but black in the Marmont looks very classic. Leaning towards the Soho because I just got another bag that is a small quilted black crossbody with gold hardware accents and chain strap.

I have the Soho in Black. I love it and it's perfect. I have the same dilemma when I was making the purchase: red or black.
Although I have no regrets getting the black, a part of me still feels like getting the red too.

You can't go wrong either way.

I love the Disco so much that i bought it in two colours (red and black) and i want the neutral beigey color too (but will restrain myself). It really is the best every day bag size - small and light but can fit so much. Of course, I still look at other bags and have my wish lists...but really it'll be hard to replace these as my every day faves .

To me, the Soho Disco is a lot more casual, it's a day bag, while the Marmont is classy and elegant, you could wear it to a formal occasion in the evening, should you need to; but it wouldn't seem over the top during the day either. Also, the Marmont sort of has two front sides - if you want the big GGs, wear it the usual way. To tone it down, you can turn it around and it would still look nice.

They're pretty similar in size, although Soho Disco is a bit taller, so if you have some item that's of a certain size - a bottle of your favorite hand lotion or something like that, I'd recommend measuring everything thoroughly, just in case you decide on the Marmont and then that item wouldn't fit.

Personally, I'd pick the Marmont. It's just prettier and more versatile. But to each their own, of course!

have you looked at comparison videos on you tube?

they are similiar but different....it is more of a square and hold just a little bit more.

i have the soho disco in the camilla.... and it was a debate on which to get. i choose the soho disco because:

1- it holds more and for me, some smaller bags are just that, too small. the soho is just that tiny little bit bigger so that it doesn't seem so stuffed that i have to take everything out to find something.

2- i have other chain bags.... not my favorite. chains are noisy when picking up, putting down (think sneaking into church. haha) And they can look more dressy.... i wanted an everyday bag

if i could only get one.... i would think about how you intend to use. do you want a day to night? go marmont.... if you want a everyday bag go with soho disco.

let us know what you get!