Gucci soho disco limited edition: anyone have this?

Miss_Dawn

Mar 11, 2017
I'm so tempted.

Does anyone have this?

Two questions
1. Will this be neutral and wearable with any outfit? I'm planning for daily weekend wear.
2. This is supposed to be a tougher leather according to the website. Do you think colour transfer will be an issue?

All thoughts welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_7583.jpg
    IMG_7583.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,140
Hi Miss_Dawn,
I've never seen this particular Disco however, I really like it, its quite unique. I have a disco which I use all the time. The style is an easy everyday bag. One thing I cannot comment on is the color transfer though. This may or may not be an issue.

Let us know what you decide.

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
I don't have it but I love it. I have the rose beige color. Imo to answer your questions...1. Yes. Wearable with anything. 2. Probably yes. It's white and like any white, you should be careful. But it's a beauty!

I have quite a few off-white bags but they tend to be hand-held totes. And yes the colour is very useful.

This SD is a lovely version but I would miss the usual Soho Disco tassel. Durable leather may not mean colour transfer won't be an issue.

Hi Miss_Dawn,
I've never seen this particular Disco however, I really like it, its quite unique. I have a disco which I use all the time. The style is an easy everyday bag. One thing I cannot comment on is the color transfer though. This may or may not be an issue.

Let us know what you decide.

Thank you topglamchic. It's good to hear you use it all the time. I really like this version of the SD too, because I don't generally like tassels. However I think I would have preferred a black tassle-less version for neutrality and a low-fuss colour. So the decision becomes black (:biggrin:) with tassel (:sad:)? Or white (:huh:) with no tassel (:biggrin:)?! I need to think about it some more.

I don't have it but I love it. I have the rose beige color. Imo to answer your questions...1. Yes. Wearable with anything. 2. Probably yes. It's white and like any white, you should be careful. But it's a beauty!

What a helpful person you are, Snibor. I always see you responding to people's quandaries. Thank you :flowers:
I'm glad you think it's neutral with any outfit. And yes, I know that white/off-white will always be prone to staining. I'm just hoping that if the leather is tougher than the regular SD, it will be wipe-clean.

I really liked the look of the beige too! What's your experience with that? Is there any colour transfer issue?

Reactions: snibor
I have quite a few off-white bags but they tend to be hand-held totes. And yes the colour is very useful.

This SD is a lovely version but I would miss the usual Soho Disco tassel. Durable leather may not mean colour transfer won't be an issue.

Thank you papertiger. That is funny because it's actually the lack of tassel that is attracting me to this one! You're right about the durability not being a constraint on transfer in the first place but my reasoning was that if it's tough leather it may be wipe-clean. But that's the kind of thing you can only find out once you're using it, and it doesn't seem like anyone actually has it yet on the forum.

I may have to bite the bullet and report back. For the greater good rather than my own greed :rolleyes::giggle:

Reactions: papertiger
What a helpful person you are, Snibor. I always see you responding to people's quandaries. Thank you :flowers:
I'm glad you think it's neutral with any outfit. And yes, I know that white/off-white will always be prone to staining. I'm just hoping that if the leather is tougher than the regular SD, it will be wipe-clean.

I really liked the look of the beige too! What's your experience with that? Is there any colour transfer issue?

I've had rose beige for a long time. No issues. I'm not terribly careful either. But I do recall someone on here getting denim staining pretty quickly after purchase.

I suppose another factor that may help your decision is what type of climate you live in. Do you reside someplace where you can where white year round? Do you live someplace where snow and rain may make it harder to carry white?

Also a very valid point. Apparently this is a tougher and more resistant leather than the regular SD, so hopefully it would be weather proof.

I'm curious now. Do others not wear white during winter? I tend to wear more white in spring/summer but I'm not scared of white in autumn/winter either.

Okay confession time...

I kept thinking about it. So I ordered it. I can't wait for it to arrive.:angel:

Factors behind my decision.
1. Limited edition of a classic bag.
2. Duochrome is always chic.
3. It's described as a 'textured resistant' leather rather than the 'light natural grain'. I think this will wear better with less slouch (I like structured bags).
4. No tassel :biggrin:
5. I think I can deal with colour transfer. I've had other white bags. And this texture should just wipe clean (hopefully!)

I thought it through properly so I'm very satisfied with the decision.

I ordered on UK website and got it for 10% less than the regular SD plus 10% cash back on credit card since there was an offer for Gucci.com. They're going to do complimentary gift wrap and shipping too. I love it when the stars align :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for weighing in!! Will share pictures when I receive my new beauty :yahoo:

Reactions: michelle217
Okay confession time...

I kept thinking about it. So I ordered it. I can't wait for it to arrive.:angel:

Factors behind my decision.
1. Limited edition of a classic bag.
2. Duochrome is always chic.
3. It's described as a 'textured resistant' leather rather than the 'light natural grain'. I think this will wear better with less slouch (I like structured bags).
4. No tassel :biggrin:
5. I think I can deal with colour transfer. I've had other white bags. And this texture should just wipe clean (hopefully!)

I thought it through properly so I'm very satisfied with the decision.

I ordered on UK website and got it for 10% less than the regular SD plus 10% cash back on credit card since there was an offer for Gucci.com. They're going to do complimentary gift wrap and shipping too. I love it when the stars align :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for weighing in!! Will share pictures when I receive my new beauty :yahoo:

Excellent decision! I have the same bag in pink and red and it isn't slouchy at all. There aren't so many of these around so that's also a nice bonus. :biggrin: