Gucci Soho Disco as Travel Bag?

MrsJoff

Dec 31, 2017
Hello All :smile:
For those of you who own this bag, wondering if you would mind sharing your thoughts about using this for travel? It's cute as can be, my only thoughts are if it's large enough. I don't want something too big (sunglasses, eyeglasses, mini wallet, few cosmetics, phone, bits and bobs...), chic and elegant without screaming "money." I'm a seasoned traveler but bonus points if it's not totally accessible to pickpockets. Any thoughts/suggestions for other possible bags? Thanks in advance! x

I bought the Disco a few days ago. I like carrying a very small makeup bag, a small wallet, phone, chapstick, compact and sunglasses or eyeglasses (I wear one while the other is in my purse) and my key fob. The Disco would not carry all that without having to almost unpack it every time I needed to get something out. It was like a Tetris game. I returned it and bought a mini Givenchy Pandora (I also own the small size). It’s absolutely perfect. I wish the Disco was an inch or two wider. I have to say though that the quality, comfort on the shoulder and color (Camelia) of the Disco were very good.

Reactions: highend
Hello All :smile:
For those of you who own this bag, wondering if you would mind sharing your thoughts about using this for travel? It's cute as can be, my only thoughts are if it's large enough. I don't want something too big (sunglasses, eyeglasses, mini wallet, few cosmetics, phone, bits and bobs...), chic and elegant without screaming "money." I'm a seasoned traveler but bonus points if it's not totally accessible to pickpockets. Any thoughts/suggestions for other possible bags? Thanks in advance! x
I love, love, love my soho disco and have used to for traveling. It's perfect for what I carry...small wallet, glasses, lipgloss, iphone 7 and snacks. I want it in black and red... it's really a great bag!

Definitely a great travel bag. As all the lovely posters have said, it can fit your passport, iPhone Plus (don't know what cellphone you use, but just for size reference), some makeup, Airbnb keys, a small sunglass case, some change and maybe even more, but that's all I've put inside while travelling with it. Have a great trip!

PS: The bag is ultra discreet even with the huge logo. And if you don't feel like showing it, you can flip it with the logo facing towards you and voilà. This is a plus against the Marmonts that have a heart or a GG (please correct me if I'm wrong), but this makes them flashier.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I think the Disco is perfect for what you want. It is so easy to wear and fits a ton for the size. It is true that the Pandora mini fits even more, but I find it less versatile. A black Disco goes with everything and fits a myriad of situations from morning to evening.

My disco is my international travel bag! Like monkeyjuju stated, flip the GG logos to your body to be more discreet. Flip logo to face out and shorten the strap for a nice night out! My disco has been on the beach, short 45- 60 min forest hikes, bazaars/markets, city jaunts and has held up beautifully! I've shoved: iPhone, small wallet, chap stick, camera, packable rainshell, snacks, water and sunglasses. The zipper keeps everything nice and secure.

Reactions: monkeyjuju
I've used mine on a city/beach break in Portugal. It was perfect. Sunglasses, wallet, keys, sunscreen, eye drops, lip balm, map [emoji16] it works better for me on holidays then at home because I can leave out the umbrella haha

I used my Soho Disco to travel this past summer in Europe :smile:
The only designer bag I brought with me (aside from the ones I bought oversees :graucho:) .

It was perfect! Went with so many outfits during the day and night, hands free, and it stored everything I needed.

It held my wallet, passport, keys, sunglasses, and my LV pochette accesories where I had random stuff inside like tissues, chapstick, oil pads, ect.

I have a Disco in Black. I fly every month and I always use my Disco 8 out of 10 times when travelling. I carry my passport, LV mini pochette, Samsung S9+, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, tissue and a pack of lozenges. I will hook my sunglasses at the side of the bag with the zipper almost closed when I'm not using it and works out great for me.

Almost weightless I would say. The straps are soft so it does not dig in to your shoulders even if you stuff the bag.

It got caught in the rain before and I just wiped it down with a tissue thereafter. I don't baby the bag, it's been thrown everywhere and it has held up great. :biggrin:

I will be adding the Marmont small matelassé shoulder bag soon when I find the perfect color. I will be using it as a travel bag as well. If you don't mind a little weight, I'd say both are great bags for travel. But if comfort is your priority, then Disco wins hands down.

Reactions: USCGirlie
I always use the soho as a travel bag! Fits all my essentials and I love the zipper. I wear the bag with the logo facing inside so that pick picketers only see a non-logo bag