Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Other (respond in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Hi all -

I'm thinking about a pair of Gucci sneakers. I'm considering this pair from the Ken Scott collab, the Ace platforms, or the traditional/classic Ace. I read in another post that the 1977 are quite flat and similar to Converse - which I don't like the style of. Specifically, I don't like how flat they are. I'm generally not a big sneaker person - but the sneaks I do have are all platform. Not this tall, but much more sole than a converse.

Are the soles of the "regular" Ace similar to that of the 1977? Does anyone find the leather hot in the summer? I've never owned a leather sneaker and I live in Austin, Texas so I don't want a shoe that makes my feet hot. Which are the most comfortable - Ace or 1977? Finally, do you find the Ace and the 1977 run true-to-size? Thanks to all in advance for any input!

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.12.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.17.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.02.11 PM.png

Hi all -

I'm thinking about a pair of Gucci sneakers. I'm considering this pair from the Ken Scott collab, the Ace platforms, or the traditional/classic Ace. I read in another post that the 1977 are quite flat and similar to Converse - which I don't like the style of. Specifically, I don't like how flat they are. I'm generally not a big sneaker person - but the sneaks I do have are all platform. Not this tall, but much more sole than a converse.

Are the soles of the "regular" Ace similar to that of the 1977? Does anyone find the leather hot in the summer? I've never owned a leather sneaker and I live in Austin, Texas so I don't want a shoe that makes my feet hot. Which are the most comfortable - Ace or 1977? Finally, do you find the Ace and the 1977 run true-to-size? Thanks to all in advance for any input!

View attachment 4998201

View attachment 4998204

View attachment 4998219
I find the ACE runs large. I have a 38.5 and typically I wear a 39.5-41 in other shoes including golden goose. Highly recommend trying them in befor buying if it’s not returnable

Reactions: MooMooVT
I agree with KensingtonUK, the Ace sneakers run large. I have Ace sneakers and 1977 sneakers. The 1977 run TTS. I Like both styles but tend to favor the 1977 pair to be honest. I love the 1977 in your pic!

I agree with KensingtonUK, the Ace sneakers run large. I have Ace sneakers and 1977 sneakers. The 1977 run TTS. I Like both styles but tend to favor the 1977 pair to be honest. I love the 1977 in your pic!
Can I ask why you favor the 1977 ones more? I want to buy the Gucci supreme ones and debating between 1977 and the ace ones. When I tired them on instore the 1977 ones weren’t very comfy so I am leaning towards the aces but wondering if they get more comfortable than the aces after breaking them in

I definitely like the look of the 1977 on my foot better than the Ace. I do think either style will become more comfortable with wear. I am sure comfort with either style has a lot to do with your own foot shape etc. Good luck!

Reactions: papertiger
I have the Ace, the one with the Loved on the side.
Its the most uncomfortable sneaker I have. I just can’t seem to break them in and they hurt feet even if I have socks on.
I can only bear 4 hours in them at most.

Reactions: MooMooVT
I hope someone could help me with a decision please :confused1:
I cannot decide on the colour of my next Ace sneakers - pink or silver metallic?
Thanks!

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_20210515_152347427.jpg
    PhotoCollage_20210515_152347427.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 5
I hope someone could help me with a decision please :confused1:
I cannot decide on the colour of my next Ace sneakers - pink or silver metallic?
Thanks!

Silver all the way. I own many silver shoes, sandals, and sneakers - I swear it's a neutral! It goes with so many outfits, colors, and works in every season. It is as neutral as gray IMO, while also giving you a pop of something special.

I have 2 pairs of pink sneakers too and while the color is pretty it's definitely not as versatile.

Silver all the way. I own many silver shoes, sandals, and sneakers - I swear it's a neutral! It goes with so many outfits, colors, and works in every season. It is as neutral as gray IMO, while also giving you a pop of something special.

I have 2 pairs of pink sneakers too and while the color is pretty it's definitely not as versatile.

Perfect thank you!
I was leaning more towards the silver ones too as they're more of all year round option while I wouldn't wear pink with some of my winter coats lol. So, would get much more use out of the silver ones. The pink are cute though ! But would definitely make more sense to go for the silver ones as they go with wider choice of outfits.
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Loriad and lalame
Question on the Ace and Gucci sneakers in general - when both Women and Men have the same style (such as with Ace and many others) are they each sized specifically for women and for men, or is it the exact same sneaker? I ask because my feet are extraordinarily wide and normal women's widths will not fit me but the usual men's width is more likely to fit.

Question on the Ace and Gucci sneakers in general - when both Women and Men have the same style (such as with Ace and many others) are they each sized specifically for women and for men, or is it the exact same sneaker? I ask because my feet are extraordinarily wide and normal women's widths will not fit me but the usual men's width is more likely to fit.
No idea if you’re still looking, but my feet run wide too and I find the Ace to be gender neutral sizing and very comfortable. The pair I bought were 40 (usually a 41-42 depending on the brand) and I was able to walk all over my city the first time I wore them with no problem. And having weird heels and high insteps means I almost always get blisters, but the Aces have never given me blisters.

Reactions: september1985