Gucci signature camera bag

geisha918

O.G.
May 9, 2007
Hello, I don't post very often and usually it's been to get something authenticated or questions. I really enjoy the purse forum, all the people on here are very very helpful so I thought I would attempt to help in a small way. I noticed that a few people (like myself) had some interest and questions about the Gucci Signature Camera bag.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...me=Gucci&N=4294912411+306622829&bmUID=lDAsQQ9

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-G...ements%3D&eItemId=prod196590058&cmCat=product

Hopefully this helps anyone who is curious about the bag. I'm not a expert and this is my first time posting anything like this so please excuse my rambling or errors.

IMG_1028.JPG IMG_1029.JPG
I purchased the bag in black, I already own a red disco and originally planned of buying a black one but the outside pocket made me very curious about this one.
1. The leather is stiff around the top, sides and bottom. Compared to my soho, I do think it will hold it's shape better because of this. The embossed leather however is quite soft, not as soft as the soho but definitely will soften more over time. I was told by the S.A. that it is made out of lamb leather.
2. The embossing is deep, very well done and beautiful but not over the top. Where as the soho disco is that lovely pebbled leather, this is a very smooth leather. I think it won't be as carefree as the soho disco (I have owned the red one for over a year and it still looks almost new), it will definitely show scratches but I think it may give the bag a bit more character.
JPEG image-3A4A4B7148DA-1.jpeg
3. The inside is this very soft microfiber lining, it has one pocket with the Gucci tag, the soho disco has two inside pockets. I am not sure if it would be difficult to clean, I've never had an issue with my soho disco's canvas lining, sorry I'm no help there.
IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1033.JPG
4. The front pocket is a bit shallow, it does fit a iPhone 6s perfectly fine. I think the iPhone plus versions would fit as well but stick out of the top a bit more. I used my empty case because I took the photos with my phone. The pocket is magnetized and really strong. I think you would need to flip the bag upside down and shake it really hard for something to call out of that pocket.
IMG_1030.JPG IMG_1031.JPG
5. Comparison with the Soho Disco and strap length. They are exactly the same size as far a height, width and length, the strap is where they differ a bit. Both have 5 holes, but the Signature camera bag's strap is longer. I wear the Soho Disco in the 3rd hole, where as the signature I had to put on the 2nd hole. I am 5'4" and 125lbs, they both hit me right at my hip at that strap length.
IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1036.JPG

I hope this helped and thanks for reading it. Please excuse any errors, I have never posted anything like this before.

I really like your camera bag. I have 5 Guccissima/signature print leather bags. No scratches whatsoever and believe me I'm not gentle. I actually prefer this style of leather due to durability. My soho double chain with pebbled leather has held up extremely well also. I have had zero issues with Gucci leathers. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the info. I've been eyeing this bag. How does it look from the front with the iPhone 6 in that front pocket? Does it bulge out?
It doesn't really bulge out(this also depends on the case you use,I think) its actually not that noticeable directly from the front. It does peek out over the top of the pocket though.

Thanks for the helpful info!

Great comparison! Thank you :nuts:

Thank you for your opinion and review of both these beautiful bags. You did great! I would've gotten the black one also. Absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy it. :smile:

I really like your camera bag. I have 5 Guccissima/signature print leather bags. No scratches whatsoever and believe me I'm not gentle. I actually prefer this style of leather due to durability. My soho double chain with pebbled leather has held up extremely well also. I have had zero issues with Gucci leathers. Enjoy!!

Thank you!

Hello, I don't post very often and usually it's been to get something authenticated or questions. I really enjoy the purse forum, all the people on here are very very helpful so I thought I would attempt to help in a small way. I noticed that a few people (like myself) had some interest and questions about the Gucci Signature Camera bag.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306622829&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447027250&R=888108603923&P_name=Gucci&N=4294912411+306622829&bmUID=lDAsQQ9

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Gucci-Signature-Small-Camera-Crossbody-Bag/prod196590058_cat47730732__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%2Fcategory.service%3FitemId%3Dcat47730732%26pageSize%3D30%26No%3D30%26Ns%3Dcat47730732%7C0%7C%7CTREE_SORT_VALUE2%7C1%7C%7CWEB1_SORT%7C%7CWEB2_SORT%7C%7CWEB3_SORT%7C%7CWEB4_SORT%7C%7CSELLABLE_DATE%7C1%26refinements%3D&eItemId=prod196590058&cmCat=product

Hopefully this helps anyone who is curious about the bag. I'm not a expert and this is my first time posting anything like this so please excuse my rambling or errors.

View attachment 3588573 View attachment 3588574
I purchased the bag in black, I already own a red disco and originally planned of buying a black one but the outside pocket made me very curious about this one.
1. The leather is stiff around the top, sides and bottom. Compared to my soho, I do think it will hold it's shape better because of this. The embossed leather however is quite soft, not as soft as the soho but definitely will soften more over time. I was told by the S.A. that it is made out of lamb leather.
2. The embossing is deep, very well done and beautiful but not over the top. Where as the soho disco is that lovely pebbled leather, this is a very smooth leather. I think it won't be as carefree as the soho disco (I have owned the red one for over a year and it still looks almost new), it will definitely show scratches but I think it may give the bag a bit more character.
View attachment 3588578
3. The inside is this very soft microfiber lining, it has one pocket with the Gucci tag, the soho disco has two inside pockets. I am not sure if it would be difficult to clean, I've never had an issue with my soho disco's canvas lining, sorry I'm no help there.
View attachment 3588586 View attachment 3588587
4. The front pocket is a bit shallow, it does fit a iPhone 6s perfectly fine. I think the iPhone plus versions would fit as well but stick out of the top a bit more. I used my empty case because I took the photos with my phone. The pocket is magnetized and really strong. I think you would need to flip the bag upside down and shake it really hard for something to call out of that pocket.
View attachment 3588588 View attachment 3588589
5. Comparison with the Soho Disco and strap length. They are exactly the same size as far a height, width and length, the strap is where they differ a bit. Both have 5 holes, but the Signature camera bag's strap is longer. I wear the Soho Disco in the 3rd hole, where as the signature I had to put on the 2nd hole. I am 5'4" and 125lbs, they both hit me right at my hip at that strap length.
View attachment 3588607 View attachment 3588608 View attachment 3588610

I hope this helped and thanks for reading it. Please excuse any errors, I have never posted anything like this before.
I just came across this bag today and now I am seriously considering it. I just returned a black disco due to thread defect and now I am wondering if this would be a better option =) How do you find it is holding up as far as scratching to the leather goes? Both a beautiful but I only need one black crossbody. I'm so glad to have found your post!!